Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

with new tunisia/algeria rules in v1.13/1.14...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> with new tunisia/algeria rules in v1.13/1.14... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
with new tunisia/algeria rules in v1.13/1.14... - 6/30/2018 6:03:37 PM   
jjdenver

...is it worth taking them out as germany now? Or just try to diplo Spain and wait for allies to hit them? I used to do them in early 41 but now I'm not so sure - haven't closely read the changes but am looking for opinions. Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: with new tunisia/algeria rules in v1.13/1.14... - 6/30/2018 7:12:48 PM   
Sugar

Either you're choosing "All of France" instead of Vichy to avoid the diplo hazard, or you might wait until the US joins to give your diplo the chance to fire until at least 60% leaning are achieved (and see if there's still enough time left to get another 30% and avoid all trouble).

Even with the US the Allies can't turn Spain back in their leaning, the chits equal out each other.

The first though is something for high gambling ladds; since every unexpected delay denies Germany the plunder, thereby delaying the prod. for Barbarossa, and in case the diplo doesn't work accordingly, you`ll have to defend Casablanca until the DE fires.

At least if anything went wrong, Algeria is still worth to think about to occupy Gibraltar and protect the soft underbelly.

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 2
RE: with new tunisia/algeria rules in v1.13/1.14... - 7/1/2018 1:15:48 PM   
jjdenver

quote:

Either you're choosing "All of France" instead of Vichy to avoid the diplo hazard, or you might wait until the US joins to give your diplo the chance to fire until at least 60% leaning are achieved (and see if there's still enough time left to get another 30% and avoid all trouble).

Even with the US the Allies can't turn Spain back in their leaning, the chits equal out each other.

The first though is something for high gambling ladds; since every unexpected delay denies Germany the plunder, thereby delaying the prod. for Barbarossa, and in case the diplo doesn't work accordingly, you`ll have to defend Casablanca until the DE fires.

At least if anything went wrong, Algeria is still worth to think about to occupy Gibraltar and protect the soft underbelly.

Sorry all of that is hard for me to decipher/understand.

I would probably never choose "all of France" so let's take that option off the table to make it simpler.

I understand that getting Spain as Axis is an important reason to go for Algeria/Tunisia. But outside of that (let's say you think you can diplo Spain to 100% for example) - is it worth it to take Algeria/Tunisa just to prevent easy conquest by allies?

Are you saying perhaps even without Spain (or with) hit Algeria only so that you can try to bomb and take Gibraltar from Oran and Rabat area?

In what situations would you not attack Algeria/Tunisia?

Thanks

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 3
RE: with new tunisia/algeria rules in v1.13/1.14... - 7/1/2018 1:55:23 PM   
PvtBenjamin

The new version dramatically changed the mobilization impact of attacking Algeria. Sugar knows better than me but I would think one would only attack Algeria when Spain was +60% Axis or US is about to (or has) enter the war.

Algeria Mobilization below (USA most important)

-MOBILIZATION_1 scripts amended to severely increase the penalties for an Axis declaration of war against Algeria: Vichy France, Tunisia and Syria will now swing 40-55% towards the Allies (it was previously 10-15% for the first two, and 20-35% for Syria).
-Additionally, a new MOBILIZATION_1 script has been added so that the USA will now swing 8-15% towards the Allies if the Axis declare war on Algeria.

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 4
RE: with new tunisia/algeria rules in v1.13/1.14... - 7/1/2018 4:43:02 PM   
Sugar

quote:

Are you saying perhaps even without Spain (or with) hit Algeria only so that you can try to bomb and take Gibraltar from Oran and Rabat area?

I would take it anyway after US joined, and not only I'd bomb Gibraltat, but also drop a para. Not only Rome, but Cairo is much safer against invasions unless Turkey is conquered (and Italy is very vulnerable at losing NM).

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 5
RE: with new tunisia/algeria rules in v1.13/1.14... - 7/3/2018 2:11:45 PM   
jjdenver

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sugar

quote:

I would take it anyway after US joined, and not only I'd bomb Gibraltat, but also drop a para. Not only Rome, but Cairo is much safer against invasions unless Turkey is conquered (and Italy is very vulnerable at losing NM).

ok - you mean you'd take both Algeria and Tunisia after US joins?

About the para - is it possible to drop a para on an occupied hex or you must bomb the garrison to eliminate it before dropping para?

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> with new tunisia/algeria rules in v1.13/1.14... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI