Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario creation- accidentally pressed play when editing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario creation- accidentally pressed play when editing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario creation- accidentally pressed play when editing - 7/22/2018 8:59:26 PM   
Whicker

I have a scenario that is fairly large, I was moving units around and accidentally pressed the space bar which started the game and launched a handful of units.

Is there a way I can roll that back? without losing my changes? It seems like there ought to be some sort of scen editor helpers - like allow time to be rolled back along with reverting units to where they were - or pop up a warning - are you sure you want to advance time?

I am new to creating scens, this is one of my stumbling points. This sort of goes along with scen start time - it doesn't seem to have any meaning. Once I accidentally press start and rolled off some time that now becomes the time the scen starts if I save it. Same type of thing here, I kinda wish that if you are playing as editor it would prompt you for what type of save you want - as a scen or as a save.
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario creation- accidentally pressed play when e... - 7/26/2018 1:09:53 AM   
BeirutDude

I have learned to set the time back about 15 minutes from scenario start time and set all missions to default to the time I want the scenario to start (I clear the times if I need to before release). So ships may move a bit if you do this but at least you can stop air missions from launching.

I have done this more times than I care to count!

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario creation- accidentally pressed play when e... - 7/26/2018 9:55:55 AM   
Gunner98

You can reset the clock.

For the units that have taken off, there are several options:

-put them in a mission and have them flying at start.

-delete them and rebuild them at the airport/base they started from

-Put all missions to inactivate, tell the planes to land, run the game some more until they are landed, stop and then reset the clock.

For aircraft that are in the launching circut at the airbase you can simply cancel their launch.

This happens quite often. Save often, save with a numbering system.

I always run the scenario prior to start to get everything pointed in the right direction as BeirutDude suggests. You should plan your build with this in mind.

B

B

Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario creation- accidentally pressed play when e... - 7/26/2018 12:29:32 PM   
michaelm75au

As with any computer system, it is also helpful to save often just in case of unforeseen events.
[Been there, done that]

Michael

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario creation- accidentally pressed play when e... - 7/26/2018 12:34:52 PM   
BeirutDude

Word of warning.

IF you have actions linked to an individual unit (Example: an action for a B52G named "Memphis Belle") that took off (or ship/submarine) and you delete and re-enter it as Gunner suggests...

quote:

-delete them and rebuild them at the airport/base they started from

...(and I have done it) that action needs to be reset as it looses the individual unit name.

I do not think this applies to type (say an action for all B52Gs) and someone please correct me if I am wrong!

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 7/26/2018 12:36:26 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenario creation- accidentally pressed play when e... - 7/26/2018 12:37:31 PM   
BeirutDude

quote:

-Put all missions to inactivate, tell the planes to land, run the game some more until they are landed, stop and then reset the clock.

Thanks I didn't know this! Very helpful!

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario creation- accidentally pressed play when editing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI