Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Change mission when unit lands, how do you get it to take off?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Lua Legion >> Change mission when unit lands, how do you get it to take off? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Change mission when unit lands, how do you get it to ta... - 7/28/2018 6:33:32 PM   
Whicker

If I have a mission to ferry a unit to a 2nd base, and then an event that checks for unit remains in area set to that base, and then an action that changes that units mission and sets it to ready, shouldn't the AC take off?

I can only get this to work if the plane is in the air, and I set the 2nd base as its home, and then tell it to RTB. It will land, and the mission will change, it is set to ready and then it takes off. Perfect.

But if the plane is on the ground at base 1, and I assign it to a ferry mission to base 2, the event triggers and the mission changes when it lands, it gets set to ready but it just sits there and won't take off.

This is the same as this thread, with maybe a simpler example.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4513210

in the attached scen there is a plane taking off on a ferry mission to the away base. It will land and have its mission changed and get set to ready but won't take off.

Launch another AC from the home base (might need to manually launch the one already at the away base for the event to work properly but that is another question) and change its home base to the away base, and tell it to RTB. It should land and then take off again 15 minutes later or so.

Why don't they work the same? seems like something about the home base setting.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Change mission when unit lands, how do you get it t... - 7/29/2018 2:57:54 AM   
michaelm75au

I tried this with the latest beta build and it works okay. Looking back over the changes, there is a fix in regard to Lua driven mission changes not always waking up the mission.
Have you tried to create the new mission as 'inactive'. Then change the plane to new mission, and then activate it???

Michael

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 2
RE: Change mission when unit lands, how do you get it t... - 7/29/2018 3:34:57 AM   
hasler

I have figured it out. So there appears to be a bug if the mission is a one way ferry. The Mission change will not wake up. I reset my mission to be a cycle and the follow on worked. A thing of note though the Aircraft keeps its original base as the point of origin after it takes off again. So I will mess with it again when get some more time, RL is hitting me hard this weekend. Am I correct in believing I can set a new base with the ScenEdit_SetUnit command?

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Lua Legion >> Change mission when unit lands, how do you get it to take off? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI