Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Das Chrome for RetreatUE Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Das Chrome for RetreatUE Mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Das Chrome for RetreatUE Mod - 5/4/2018 11:00:53 AM   
DasTactic

Hi gang,

I wanted to record another Distant Worlds series and for the last few months have been trying to get the highly acclaimed Bacon mod to work without any luck. Originally I was wanting to combine both the Bacon Mod and the RetreatUE mod. Instead I've tweaked my old Das Chrome Blue mod to add to RetreatUE. Link provided below.

What I have changed is:

* Replaced all the default chrome with the original Das Chrome Blue icons but left the race specific changes.
* Made a new galaxy background image that is simpler than before (the names on the old background bothered me).
* Changed the images for the Core mechanoid race to my DasBot images (just for my own fun).
* Tweaked the resources to make them all consistent (Adamantium and Uranium). Please note that two of the images in the Resources folder are .bmp's and so it is safer to delete all the resource files before replacing them with this mod-mod otherwise these .bmps will override the .pngs in game.
* Changed the resources Help files with the new icons.
* Changed the race Help files replacing the old style alien images with the current races from the mod.
* I also added in the Sea of Stars Ship Icons as I feel this simple change makes the game much easier to comprehend.

I won't be providing any on-going support for this - it was just done for making video content so please feel free to change this to suit yourselves.

Anyhow, I'll most likely be live-streaming this over the coming days (and weeks) on both Twitch and YouTube. :)

Cheers

DasTactic

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Das Chrome for RetreatUE Mod - 5/4/2018 12:43:44 PM   
RogerBacon

What issues were you having combining the BaconMod? Maybe I can help you. Larry Monte did a series with the Bacon Mod and I really enjoyed watching. Although I do recommend turning off the gravity wells features. Slow gameplay does not an exciting video make.

Retreat1970 provided this link on combining the mods.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3834204&mpage=8&key=

post #225

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 2
RE: Das Chrome for RetreatUE Mod - 5/4/2018 4:36:37 PM   
DasTactic

The problem hasn't been combining the mods but really just getting the Bacon Mod to run on my Windows 10 machine. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4471042 I've tried so many things but nothing has worked and I don't have the knowledge to understand the debug messages. Bacon Mod runs as a background process when I start it and appears to be waiting on another process to finish. In that link (and others prior to that one) I listed the reports I was getting back. I didn't want to keep hijacking your mod thread as it looks like for some reason it is unique to me as others with the issue have been able to fix it by updating DirectX. But that didn't work for me. I would LOVE to get the mod working and if there are other suggestions I'd try them out.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 3
RE: Das Chrome for RetreatUE Mod - 5/4/2018 9:35:24 PM   
RogerBacon

Hi Das123,

Yeah, I remember the trouble you've had trying to get the mod to run. I went back and re-read the thread. Since I don't have Win10 there's not much I can think of to help. As a last resort, I would try installing Windows 7 as either a virtual machine or a dual boot. The virtual machine is probably the easiest option.

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 4
RE: Das Chrome for RetreatUE Mod - 8/17/2018 6:08:39 PM   
Mathieas

Hey there Das,

First thank you for all the great videos! I'm a huge fan :-). You have breathed the new life into the strategy genre for me.

I was hoping I could bother you to help me with some clarification. Why is it that chose to use the retreat UE mod versus the UE 2 or UE1 mod? In particular what is it about retreatUE you felt made the game stronger vs then std extended and AI Extended mods? I can see some of the differences of course in the change logs that the mod generators created for example the new technology tree and the new weapon balances. Do they add a lot to the game and do you feel they are they well implemented?

I'm looking to start another game but they take me considerable time to get through and I was hoping to take advantage of your expertise with choosing my next game state. Thank you very much for your time.

< Message edited by Mathieas -- 8/18/2018 6:08:31 AM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Das Chrome for RetreatUE Mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI