Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reverse move command

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Reverse move command Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reverse move command - 8/22/2018 6:23:28 PM   
drummer93

Hi devs, this is my first thread. I've got a question for you. Is it possible that a reverse move command for vehicles could be implemented?. Maneuvering in reverse becomes very difficult, especially in critical situations, such as tank vs tank combat.
Post #: 1
RE: Reverse move command - 8/25/2018 10:02:06 PM   
GrdAdmiral

This would be amazing. I can’t remember how many times in the iriginal series I wanted to reverse out to keep my frontal armor pointed towards the threat. Only to have my dumb tank rotate 180 degrees and blow up. Vehicle pathing was a huge complaint in the original series that never quite could get ironned out. I’m hoping with the nee engine, some of the old code issues with pathing will be eliminated. (^_^) Crossing my fingers.

(in reply to drummer93)
Post #: 2
RE: Reverse move command - 8/27/2018 11:05:01 AM   
sepp3gd

Yes this feature already exists; it teaches how to do this is boot-camp. It has always been a feature of Close Combat series so far as I know, dating back to 'A Bridge Too Far' from the 90's.

OK, by selecting 'Move' or 'Sneak' and not 'Move Fast' the AFV will use all due-caution to keep the most heavily armored portions of the vehicle pointed toward the direction where the enemy is firing at them from, or suspected to be located. Of course, the individual experience of the crew does come into factor, and a 'green' driver can do a really bad job at this as opposed to a salty-combat vet.

(in reply to GrdAdmiral)
Post #: 3
RE: Reverse move command - 8/27/2018 1:11:22 PM   
drummer93

quote:

ORIGINAL: sepp3gd

Yes this feature already exists; it teaches how to do this is boot-camp. It has always been a feature of Close Combat series so far as I know, dating back to 'A Bridge Too Far' from the 90's.

OK, by selecting 'Move' or 'Sneak' and not 'Move Fast' the AFV will use all due-caution to keep the most heavily armored portions of the vehicle pointed toward the direction where the enemy is firing at them from, or suspected to be located. Of course, the individual experience of the crew does come into factor, and a 'green' driver can do a really bad job at this as opposed to a salty-combat vet.

Hi sepp. Yes I know this feature, but I had really bad experiences using it. I don't know if it is and engine problem or what, and you cannot order a long range reverse move with waypoints (I think this is pretty important). I would like to have the same option for other units too, like cannons, to keep the plate on the front. I think a separated option for reverse is better, like Combat Mission series.

< Message edited by drummer93 -- 8/27/2018 1:13:34 PM >

(in reply to sepp3gd)
Post #: 4
RE: Reverse move command - 8/31/2018 3:20:17 AM   
sepp3gd

We all die while playing this game for reasons out of our control, no matter how we have planned, organized, and executed combat actions - that driver cannot see the same thing that we can see - he can only see what is directly in front of him through a narrow field of vision, relying on some parts memory, some parts communication, a little sixth-sense, and a great deal of luck to successfully move backward any distance when under fire, let alone great distances covering way points to move backward.

As in life, it is the same in this Game that there are things which will just make this not work out - things which are factored into the game, but are not communicated in the visual simply because the graphics were never there to do so, but players with a myopic interest in this little arena of history and warfare can still feel and recognize through the gameplay itself; which is more rewarding than seeing something which is there only in the visual, yet has no effect on the world - they require imagination, but trust me that the code of the game is extensive and advanced enough that variables such as tree-stumps, ditches, mud, differences in terrain, all are factored into the result and outcome.

It is not a solution which would make the game more realistic, being capable of reversing for long distances from one way point to another, particularly as an absolute.

Think of those bad experiences which you mentioned, those really bad experiences, and just relax and know that it is rather the proof that THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with the engine ;)

I love this game.

< Message edited by sepp3gd -- 8/31/2018 3:22:34 AM >

(in reply to drummer93)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Reverse move command Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI