Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some words

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> Some words Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some words - 12/17/2018 7:47:49 AM   
Ronald Wendt

Hi folks,

first my apologies for not posting in a while, still hope i can change this for the better in the future.

This year was not what i wished it to be on the development side in my life.

My projects did not progress as well as i planned them to. For you what matters the most is that update 1.09 for Germany at War was intended for this month, but this is not going to happen. Too little energy and/or time was left to finish the material during the year.

So 1.09 will get to you in early 2019 if things keep to be the way they are.

Its a bit early but i wish you all Merry Chrismas and a Happy New Year as i will most likely not be back in 2018 in this forum. But come January i shall have good news for you again.

Also i want to thank those who still are active and help keeping this oldie alive

All the best!

Post #: 1
RE: Some words - 12/17/2018 12:39:54 PM   
klhbekool

Hello Ronald,

Thank you for the update. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you. I have always appreciated your hard work and dedication to one of my favorite games, yes it is an oldie but I love it.
I do wish the best for the remainder of this year and I hope your New Year will be great.

Thank you again.

Ken Hunter(klhbekool)

KLH

(in reply to Ronald Wendt)
Post #: 2
RE: Some words - 12/17/2018 3:09:43 PM   
AngrySwan

Hi Ronald,

So I will finish the Eastern campaign in 1.08, still having to take Smolensk and go onwards.

Some updates of plans for the missing part of the monster AAR:

- 1st Fallschirmjager Division to be deployed in Vitebsk; to take Bridge A.
- ZG 26 with its Bf 110s sent to Melitopol to take advantage of the fact that the Soviets have no air force there - maybe a sin against historical accuracy but a justified one, after all the 110s must get some experience somewhere.
- battlegroups Ziegler and Groddeck as the advancing force in Crimea.
- updated plans for Stuka Group 1 - Uman, Kiev, Vjasma, Mozhaisk, Moscow instead of the old route Uman, Kiev, Melitopol, Rostov.

First Kharkov scenario, the test version may be out in early January.

A game, new or old, lives as long as it is modded.

btw if/when you find time can you send me the original Barbarossa and Fall Blau?

< Message edited by AngrySwan -- 12/17/2018 3:11:03 PM >

The art of war is simple and esay to understand but fighting a war is hard.

(in reply to klhbekool)
Post #: 3
RE: Some words - 12/17/2018 8:33:39 PM   
ErissN6

Rushing a developpement is the best way to lose so many times in the end by correcting too much bugs.

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 4
RE: Some words - 1/14/2019 7:46:28 AM   
Ronald Wendt

Hi folks,

thanks for all your wishes, remarks and continuation of work.

I survived 2018, rested and worked on a new battle plan for 2019, which will now go into action.

All the best,

(in reply to ErissN6)
Post #: 5
RE: Some words - 1/14/2019 8:18:57 AM   
zakblood

its the turtle which in the end wins the race and not the hare, so good luck in 2019 and lets hope this one is better for everyone

Post #: 6
RE: Some words - 1/15/2019 12:46:08 AM   
klhbekool

Welcome back Ronald. I am glad you are rested. You have done so much to keep this game alive, I appreciate you and all you have done.

KLH

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 7
RE: Some words - 1/16/2019 5:15:36 AM   
Ronald Wendt

Hi folks,

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

its the turtle which in the end wins the race and not the hare, so good luck in 2019 and lets hope this one is better for everyone

did you just call me a turtle ??? (Just kidding - gotta be careful these days!) Thanks zakblood, i am quite optimistic about the year so far. Even if i have no real reason to be :-)

quote:

ORIGINAL: klhbekool

Welcome back Ronald. I am glad you are rested. You have done so much to keep this game alive, I appreciate you and all you have done.

Thanks Ken, its nice to see its appreciated and i am thankful for your ongoing support. Hope you like playing the Soviets as they will be at the center of the next campaign.

There is still a lot of work on the maps like bugfixing and balancing, but its getting there.

Rise and shine Red Army.

Regards,

(in reply to klhbekool)
Post #: 8
RE: Some words - 1/16/2019 10:25:22 AM   
AngrySwan

Hi Ronald,

The Soviets offer some interesting opportunities, like learning to build real defense lines that last (Kursk), pushing the enemy back in 1943 and, finally, learning the Red Blitzkrieg by 1944.

Life is not a piece of honey in this new year but the Infanterie never surrenders, as well as the Soviet riflemen.

Post #: 9
RE: Some words - 1/16/2019 12:35:16 PM   
klhbekool

I am looking forward to playing as the Russians, it will be a challenge.

< Message edited by klhbekool -- 1/18/2019 4:18:19 PM >

KLH

Post #: 10
RE: Some words - 1/18/2019 5:04:47 AM   
Ronald Wendt

Hi folks,

quote:

ORIGINAL: AngrySwan
The Soviets offer some interesting opportunities, like learning to build real defense lines that last (Kursk),

There are indeed defensive missions, but there are limits as to the ability of the AI to wage that kind of war. Only the following Soviet offenses Kutusov & Rumiantsev are included because of that.

quote:

ORIGINAL: AngrySwan
Life is not a piece of honey in this new year but the Infanterie never surrenders, as well as the Soviet riflemen.

Nor will small developers

quote:

ORIGINAL: klhbekool

I am looking forward to playing as the Russians, it be a challenge.

You shall get your challenge !

Regards,

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 11
RE: Some words - 5/22/2019 9:45:04 AM   
Zovs

Late to the party, but hope you’re feeling much better Ronald. Hope for the 1.09 update this year if possible.

As I posted elsewhere I purchased this when it came out but have not spent a lot of time in it yet. I just reinstalled and updated to the latest and hope to get some time to explore this game this year. Hoping also to see some late war action with game if that is possible.

But health and family always first so get healthy Ron.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

Post #: 12
RE: Some words - 5/23/2019 4:39:20 AM   
Ronald Wendt

Hi Zovs,

thanks for your concern, i am doing okay at the moment. Prospects for 1.09 look very good as of now.

The game has been improved a lot since its release in 2013 and 1.09 will push it even further. The current 100 scenarios (in 5 campaigns and 18 single maps) in 1.08 will be expanded with a 22 map Soviet campaign and the users AngrySwan and terminator have been busy adding new content as well. Some of the battles definitly take place at the end of the war. E.g. Budapest and Warsaw will be on the path to Berlin and Prague. As soon as this all is finished there is also a bases for more content due to new features and units.

Regards,

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> Some words Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI