Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Operation Roundup 1943

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Operation Roundup 1943 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Operation Roundup 1943 - 8/28/2018 9:56:55 PM   
klindley

In the TOAWIII version of this scenario, there is reference to a text document I am unable to find. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: Operation Roundup 1943 - 8/29/2018 3:14:08 AM   
sPzAbt653

I don't see one in a few places that I looked. Looking at the scenario description on Rugged Defense, it says it is a 'playtest only' scenario, so maybe it was not completed, so maybe there is no text document for it.

(in reply to klindley)
Post #: 2
RE: Operation Roundup 1943 - 8/29/2018 5:22:59 AM   
klindley

Thank you. I am perplexed by this scenario since it does not allow ANY beach assault, only landings at a few ports. Although the map is suitable for modeling the Overlord invasion of the following year, most of the (scarce) information I have found on Roundup indicates landings between Calais and LaHavre.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 3
RE: Operation Roundup 1943 - 8/29/2018 10:21:07 AM   
sPzAbt653

Amphibious Assaults are possible against non-anchorage hexes if an embarked unit begins the turn adjacent to a passable coast hex. Such a unit(s) can then be disembarked and may assault the adjacent hex.

No idea why the location is where it is. Tim the designer is still around but doesn't stop by here much, but maybe you can track him down and get an answer.

(in reply to klindley)
Post #: 4
RE: Operation Roundup 1943 - 8/29/2018 4:40:53 PM   
klindley

Thanks for the insight. Didn't realize one must disembark before attacking. Duh!

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 5
RE: Operation Roundup 1943 - 8/30/2018 7:35:46 AM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: klindley

Thanks for the insight. Didn't realize one must disembark before attacking. Duh!

Kamerad

remember, it's a PBEM only scenario and the AI is unable to obey/follow the house-rules. I looked at Rugged Defence and there's no .DOC file available. So, it's basically the scenario briefing with all the information.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to klindley)
Post #: 6
RE: Operation Roundup 1943 - 9/9/2018 6:38:19 AM   
klindley

I downloaded the update for TOAWIII. Now I cannot carry out airborne operations with the Allied paratroopers. Some of the British can jump around Caen, where the Programed Opponent sends them when playing the Allied side. The Americans can't jump anywhere; if the path goes over another airbase in England they just stop there.

Thanks for assistance.

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Operation Roundup 1943 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI