Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Axis Naval Strategies?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Axis Naval Strategies? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Axis Naval Strategies? - 10/2/2018 4:59:11 AM   
Bolko

What is the best Axis strategy if your opponent is good at hunting subs and cornering them.

Should you wait until you can come out in force? What other options are there? I have played some games where I have completely ignored naval play and done alright. Some games my opponent has trouble finding me and eventually he get's overwhelmed. I've never really tried to go toe to toe with the Allied navy. I assume such a strategy is one of two options. 1) Knowing the allied opening disposition at the start of the game the axis make a huge attack right away and get a couple pieces up right away. 2) Wait until France goes down before risking very much at sea.

I'd like to know what other players think.
Post #: 1
RE: Axis Naval Strategies? - 10/6/2018 1:37:00 PM   
Schokolokos

Its not worth to play risky with your overwater fleet in the beginning of the game. Its not worlds end if you lose a submarine. If your opponent hardcore raid your Narvik convois in the beginning, you can do some partisan-raids with your fleet including some subs carefully.
Its better to raid Halifax in the beginning of the game with Subs, Allies losing 53 MPP each turn.
As soon as you conquer Norway and France, use the harbours for Taliban attacks on the Home Fleet, but their Navy is still too strong to go head on head.
Later in the game with maritime bombers and Spain or Sweden fleet support you can carefully force the attack.

(in reply to Bolko)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Axis Naval Strategies? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI