Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Moral Bumps II

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Moral Bumps II Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moral Bumps II - 11/8/2018 12:38:41 AM   
Bolko

OK, now its early 1942 the US has joined and the Siberians are in.

SOVIET MORAL IS NOW 125!!

One hundred and twenty-five! Its late winter 1942! EARLY 1942!!

Has anybody seen this?

I haven't had a major disaster in Russia as the Axis. Fighting has been tough but I have taken Smolensk, Kiev and Dnepropetrovsk. He has carefully stayed out of my grasp but has counter attacked well.

Yes the West landed and spent three or four turns in Brittany before I drove them off. Also, Africa was a disaster and the West hurried a landing in Sicily. He tried to come up the boot and we bombed him sufficiently so that he may have regretted the whole Sicily endeavor. Of course Italian moral is shot.

But a Soviet Moral of 125?? I've never seen anything like it.
Post #: 1
RE: Moral Bumps II - 11/8/2018 4:21:51 AM   
LLv34Mika

Hi

Having the USA as an ally gives a boost.
Receiving help from USA via Iran helps too.
Any allied troops in France? Also a boost.
How many USSR units lost so far? If not enough that puts not enough pressure on the morale.
Maybe Stalin decided to stay in Moscow? That's also a boost! (...and a nice primary target for you)
And as you have said there was the landing in Italy. Also a boost.

Even if the units are destroyed I'm quiet sure that the morale won't go back to the old level.

< Message edited by LLv34Mika -- 11/8/2018 8:15:23 PM >

(in reply to Bolko)
Post #: 2
RE: Moral Bumps II - 11/8/2018 5:39:23 AM   
Bolko

Wow

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 3
RE: Moral Bumps II - 11/8/2018 8:19:47 PM   
LLv34Mika

back to old level counts for allied landings in France or Italy

but if you drive your enemy back you can still have in mind that it was very expensive to use all the amphibian ships and it is also expensive to rebuild the units. So that way you buy much time.

Most important is if you can still gain ground in the east. If yes the situation might be ok and you can manage to win. But once you are stuck or even retreating slowly the game won't end with a deceisive victory for you. Then you can only delay the fight back to Warsaw and/or Berlin. Maybe you can manage to achieve a minor victory or something.

Check the reports and add the values for US, GB and USSR mpp production and then compare then to the Germany/Italy production. No progress AND for example 1600 for the allies (combined) and 1200 for the Axis means you are dead :)

(in reply to Bolko)
Post #: 4
RE: Moral Bumps II - 11/11/2018 7:02:44 PM   
Bolko

I think the best solution would be to require a continued allied presence in France to maintain the Soviet moral bump.

At least three land units near any of various cities around France. Any appropriate city would do. I assume this would work similarly to the BEF in France but expanded to more locations in France.

Alternately, the moral bump could be minimal with a greater bump if and when the Allies do well enough to liberate France.

Also, if Italy recaptures Sicily or even North Africa there moral should improve. I realize this is an unusual event, but I have achieved it in at one pbem game so far. It is very easy to bomb the heck out of the Allies if the land in Sicily before the time is right.

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Moral Bumps II Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI