Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Regarding the Manual

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Regarding the Manual Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Regarding the Manual - 5/14/2000 6:40:00 PM   
joblue

Let me just start by saying that I am nothing short of thrilled with this game. My comments here are regarding tha manual. It seems it is written and geared for veteran players, with lots of "nuts and bolts" info left out or glossed over (ie- a description of the encyclopedia stats, or some sort of terrain modifier combat table, etc). As a beginner, this info is important. I can see that if I were playing for 3-4 years, these trivial things wouldnt be necessary in a manual, but they are for a newbie. Does anyone know of a resource for this type of information. Most of my questions on this board are pretty basic ones, ones that couldve been answered by a manual I'm sure. I feel bad clogging up this board with basic questions, but at this point I have no where else to look, and the response here to my questions has been amazing. Thanks for your time. Joblue

Post #: 1
- 5/14/2000 7:25:00 PM   
rtr

Hi, I prepared a set of reference tables for SP3, since SPWAW is based on the same engine most of it has some relevance, I'll be trying to adjust it for SPWAW. Unfortunately it is in wordpro 97 format. Let me know if you want a copy.

Later Rob Reid

(in reply to joblue)
Post #: 2
- 5/14/2000 11:27:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I'll take one RTR. Please... billw@matrixgames.com or billw@thegamers.net Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to joblue)
Post #: 3
- 5/14/2000 11:29:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Have you played through the tutorial scenario reading as you go JoBlue? That will help get a feel for the game. Any questions are welcome here and we will do what we can to help. Thank you for your kind words. It is much appreciated...WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to joblue)
Post #: 4
- 5/14/2000 11:38:00 PM   
joblue

yes, i did play the turorial and found it very helpful...Iguess it just left me hungry for more info Joblue

(in reply to joblue)
Post #: 5
- 5/14/2000 11:40:00 PM   
joblue

het RTR... I'd love a copy of anything you have...please send to ed78@aol.com (can wordpro be translated into word?) joblue

(in reply to joblue)
Post #: 6
- 5/15/2000 1:34:00 AM   
rtr

All, wordpro frames can really messup when translated into word, so I am currently changing it to excel/wks spreadsheet formats which should give less problems when translating between formats (I only have access to the lotus suite). I just spent the afternoon trying to workout the terrain costs for the SPWAW I think I have managed to get them all. Should have the 1st versions (both SP3 and SPWAW) by tomorrow. These are nothing special and experienced players like you Wild Bill should be able to recite most this stuff with your eyes closed LOL. All together now...vehicles are hull down when in....etc., etc.

Later Rob Reid

(in reply to joblue)
Post #: 7
- 5/15/2000 3:29:00 AM   
joblue

hey RTR: Sounds great, I cant wait to see them. Thanks again Joblue

(in reply to joblue)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Regarding the Manual Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI