Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

help with Force Editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> help with Force Editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
help with Force Editor - 11/30/2018 9:07:40 PM   
mussey

I need some help with the Force Editor. Within the scenario The Next War, I want to change the formation of one of the units. But when I do so, ALL the units under that existing formation change as well. Is it possible to change the formation of only 1 unit?

For example: change the US Berlin Brigade's formation from Berlin Garrison to a brand new formation that I will create and name "Special Division".

Attachment (1)

Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

Post #: 1
RE: help with Force Editor - 11/30/2018 9:18:46 PM   
sPzAbt653

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGn4rK_TCQ8

It looks like you are not changing formations, but you are adding a new formation, which is a little tricky. The linked video isn't specific to that operation but it does generally cover it.

(in reply to mussey)
Post #: 2
RE: help with Force Editor - 11/30/2018 10:59:52 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: mussey

I need some help with the Force Editor. Within the scenario The Next War, I want to change the formation of one of the units. But when I do so, ALL the units under that existing formation change as well. Is it possible to change the formation of only 1 unit?

For example: change the US Berlin Brigade's formation from Berlin Garrison to a brand new formation that I will create and name "Special Division".

If you click on the "Hawk c"'s formation button, it will allow you to change the formation back to "Berlin Garrison". Then, only the formation button of the "US Berlin Bde" will be "Unassigned". Then click on that button and it will allow you to give it a new formation name.

< Message edited by Curtis Lemay -- 11/30/2018 11:00:36 PM >

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to mussey)
Post #: 3
RE: help with Force Editor - 12/2/2018 10:41:20 AM   
mussey

Curtis, that worked. Thanks for the help. I believe i am getting the hang it with lots of practice and weird mistakes along the way.

BTW, I really like this scenario. Excellent job. I'm currently working on introducing some Norwegian units and maybe increasing the top boundary up to Oslo. Would be interesting to see how the Soviets would apportion their Airborne units. North German plain or Norway?

Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> help with Force Editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI