Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

do you guys find offmap arty useful vs the AI?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> do you guys find offmap arty useful vs the AI? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
do you guys find offmap arty useful vs the AI? - 12/3/2018 5:01:08 PM   
gbem

hi... i realize the importance of artillery both mortars and heavy to the overall dynamic of the battlefield... in real life a good artillery barrage can make or break an offense against an static defensive opponent... it is also a very useful tool for swatting out turtling players and setting the stage for an armored breakthrough in the event multiplayer is introduced in the game... however the AI atm especially in meeting engagements is extremely mobile... functioning with relative similarity to the "airland battle" strategy in real life.... and although i have great uses for mortars atm for HE support vs infantry smoke for an offensive and to suppress/obscure tanks during a firefight... i havent really seen a great need for the slow aiming offmap artillery other than games with more infantry units than vehicles... and the occasional lucky DPICM barrage on a focal point.... anyone have luck with heavy artillery?
Post #: 1
RE: do you guys find offmap arty useful vs the AI? - 12/3/2018 6:02:05 PM   
CCIP-subsim

I find artillery really useful, but it really depends on what situations we're talking about - sort of like any other weapons on (or off) the battlefield. I do notice that the AI is relatively reluctant to bunch up its units in tight formations, so out in the open it's not terribly likely to be effective. That said, sometimes you still get them. I've been able to take out specific vehicles in cover with artillery. I don't find the artillery in the game particularly slow at all - in fact if anything, in some respects I find it too fast (especially on the Bloc side).

(in reply to gbem)
Post #: 2
RE: do you guys find offmap arty useful vs the AI? - 12/3/2018 6:22:56 PM   
gbem

ive had greater success with mortars imo... theyre faster to respond to enemy advances all the while bringing similar amounts of deadly firepower while being far cheaper... ive found heavy artillery to be useful only when engaging entrenched forces as NATO... how would u compare them to mortars?

(in reply to CCIP-subsim)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> do you guys find offmap arty useful vs the AI? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI