Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How Do You Win?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> How Do You Win? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How Do You Win? - 12/12/2018 12:24:41 PM   
BKL

New player here, playing Coral Sea as Allied...

Just wondering, how do you win? I can't find in the scenario description or anywhere else any particular scenario parameters. For instance, will the scenario just end after a certain number of days? I see in the intelligence report there are victory points, but what does that mean? If you achieve a certain level, will the scenario end, do you have so many days to get to a certain level, etc.

Not just wondering about Coral Sea, but also about any other scenario. I am just trying to figure out what the objectives is and under what constraints (time, turns, etc.).

Thanks!

BKL
Post #: 1
RE: How Do You Win? - 12/12/2018 12:30:52 PM   
Yaab

The Coral Sea scen should run for about 14 turns (two weeks).

You gain VP by sinking ships, destroying aircraft and destroying devices. Most importantly, you gain LOTS of VPs by holding Port Moresby. Go to the Port Moresby base screen and check how much VP the base is worth to Allies and Japs. You cannot let the Japs land their LCUs and take Port Moresby.

(in reply to BKL)
Post #: 2
RE: How Do You Win? - 12/12/2018 1:02:08 PM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: BKL

New player here, playing Coral Sea as Allied...

Just wondering, how do you win? I can't find in the scenario description or anywhere else any particular scenario parameters. For instance, will the scenario just end after a certain number of days? I see in the intelligence report there are victory points, but what does that mean? If you achieve a certain level, will the scenario end, do you have so many days to get to a certain level, etc.

Not just wondering about Coral Sea, but also about any other scenario. I am just trying to figure out what the objectives is and under what constraints (time, turns, etc.).

Thanks!

BKL

1. Read chapter 17 of the manual for complete details on how a win is determined.

2. All scenarios provide the length of time covered by the scenario in the first line after the scenario title. This is found on the screen which describes the scenario.

Alfred

(in reply to BKL)
Post #: 3
RE: How Do You Win? - 12/12/2018 3:06:11 PM   
Trugrit

It can also be found in-game on the preferences screen.

This is helpful when an old guy like me forgets where he is at with multiple games running.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> How Do You Win? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI