Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fantastic

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Fantastic Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fantastic - 5/12/2000 2:11:00 PM   
Pack Rat

You've put intensity into this wonderful rework!! I'm on the edge of my seat and I'm a vet from SP1 on. Mr.Grigsby and SSI always managed to improve and you've done the same. This gift is one I hope stays with all your endevors. Congrats and thanks to all involved. ------------------ Peace, Pack Rat

PR
Post #: 1
- 5/12/2000 5:11:00 PM   
PR^Spanjab

I agree 100%. It's got back the old magic, the kind of 'I'll just play one more turn before bed' even tho it is 2am with work in the morning! Starting my first e-mail game tonight, I gotta kick some ass!

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 2
- 5/12/2000 10:19:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Campaigns are worse. You finish a battle and you think, "I'll start the next one tomorrow." Then you say,"Well, I can play the first turn anyway, fix and pick my units." BOOM! Before you know it you've played the whole next battle. You did not mean to, you did not even want to (so you thought) but you did. THEN you say, "well, at least setup for the next one.." And so it goes. Good look witht the PBEM battle...WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 3
- 5/14/2000 1:25:00 AM   
AndyHill

I don´t really know what to say... Just a few days ago I was playing my nth SP1 long campaign and I told my friend (who also loves the game) that the only thing that really bothers me with the game is the way those brave tank crews like to die in an immobile weaponless box of shot-up metal. Then I happened to be browsing a gaming site for news and I found out a new version of SP was available for download. ´Like I said, I don´t know the words to describe my feelings... This game is simply unbelievably good. Finnish men aren´t overly emotional, but I´m almost in tears when writing this... There are some things that need fixing, but guess what, I´m not at all worried. I kind of believe people who made the game are going to patch it up to perfection... One thing about tank crews that bail out... They seem to get some kind of a shell shock and refuse to ever climb into a tank again and prefer to continue their campaign armed with pistols. Well, there are always minefields that need to be cleared, shame about the lost experience, though. Anyways, UNBELIEVEBLE WORK!!!! THANKS!!!! Andy PS. It takes me about 2-3hrs to fight a battle, I´ve had the game for two days and I´ve played something like 12 battles in the campaign. Who needs to sleep, anyway...

Andy

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 4
- 5/14/2000 3:45:00 AM   
Voriax

quote:

Originally posted by AndyHill: One thing about tank crews that bail out... They seem to get some kind of a shell shock and refuse to ever climb into a tank again and prefer to continue their campaign armed with pistols. Well, there are always minefields that need to be cleared, shame about the lost experience, though.
When a crew bails out try rally them immediately as they are suppressed. If you succeed and they are not being fired upon next turn there is a good chance they will recrew the tank/gun. I played the 'raiders go to work' scenario today and managed to get a tank crew back in two times. Also in another scenario one AT-crew remanned their gun 3 times! If their tank is dead just rally them and run them somewhere where is cover. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 5
- 5/14/2000 4:31:00 PM   
AndyHill

I have managed to rally crews back into their tanks, but if a tank is entirely detroyed, there is no way to assign a new tank for that crew. They will appear in the next battle as infantrymen and if I remember correctly, you can even upgrade the team to regular infantry but they will not go in a tank anymore. Shame about the lost experience... Andy

Andy

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Fantastic Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI