Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to stop Egypt from Axis occupation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> How to stop Egypt from Axis occupation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to stop Egypt from Axis occupation - 2/26/2019 10:01:48 PM   
gamer78

I know overall it is not meant to be played historical game -bit more sandbox- but I've deployed all my British units defense first strategy in Cairo and a US tank from event I wasn't able to defend Cairo. I think opponent bring some German units somewhere. To defend Russia seems another problem. I've a feeling Axis a bit strong in pbem but not sure.

< Message edited by gamer78 -- 2/26/2019 10:03:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: How to stop Egypt from Axis occupation - 2/26/2019 10:19:14 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Depends, I'll need more data before I decide if there's an in balance in Human vs. Human mode.

Without Him, I could do nothing
Without Him, I'd surely fail
Without Him, I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail

(in reply to gamer78)
Post #: 2
RE: How to stop Egypt from Axis occupation - 2/26/2019 11:14:34 PM   
sveint

I feel the opposite way, advantage is all on the Allied side. As it should be if the UK uses its fleet effectively.

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 3
RE: How to stop Egypt from Axis occupation - 2/27/2019 12:47:43 AM   
Markiss

If the Axis brings most or all of the Luftwaffe, Egypt probably can't be held. Of course, if they do bring it all, it likely means a late Barbarossa. In WiE, the Soviets are so weak it really does not matter, but it might make a difference in WaW.

Lock up your wife and children now,
It's time to wield the blade..

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 4
RE: How to stop Egypt from Axis occupation - 2/27/2019 1:32:36 AM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

That's the beauty of this game. Of course any strategy can overplay a specific arena. Yes, the Axis (or the UK) can hold Africa if they go "all-in", but at what cost? Staying away from super extremes, the Germans can bring 1-HQ, 2-Panzers, 1-Tactical, 1-Fighter, and some support ground (Army, Corp or something else). What's the costs?

1) Units will need to reinforced (minimal after France/LC)
2) Units will need to have tech (minimal, will do anyways, takes a turn)
3) Operand to ports (HQ, 2-Panzers, Air (unless they fly for 4+ turns) + whatever would be ~40 + ~70 + ~60 + ~40 = call it 200)
4) Will need transports for ground = call it 150

Now, if the Brits are playing standard, they will figure out what you've brought. Brits can slow roll you. Let Nazis come in, and BAM! Counter-strike with massive reinforcements and the entire RN! Brits can play standard defense, and slowly lose, but not take an ass-kicking and withdraw at the end. The game won't be won/loss unless either side does something really stupid....like a misclick, curiosity scouting, or move into an out of supply state. The Naval battle will be like UFC fight if it goes psycho. Germans can screw up and get trapped in Africa too. Even if you win, that's 2-Panzers outta what 7 in the force pool?

The sure thing for the Germans is to completely pound England. I'd rather level London, the ports, and put the fear of death into their minds. I really enjoy trashing the British. The cost is huge, a weak Barby, which means I stall about half way into Mother Russia. Then comes the Yanks with their dollar bill economy. But that's where it gets fun. Get stablize in Russia, and keep cracking Atlantic & Air War over England. Don't forget the Rockets. Either way, then comes the Japs........

Game anyone? Screw the AI, that's just for training.

Without Him, I could do nothing
Without Him, I'd surely fail
Without Him, I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail

(in reply to Markiss)
Post #: 5
RE: How to stop Egypt from Axis occupation - 2/27/2019 1:46:50 AM   
James Taylor

Hey JJR, give Markiss a try, he'll show you how to play the Allies.

Go get him Markiss!

SeaMonkey

Post #: 6
RE: How to stop Egypt from Axis occupation - 2/27/2019 1:55:57 AM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

@Markiss --- We need to game General Burkhalter? I've got a 2-1 record, with 2 wins pending, probably a loss, and 4 up in the air. Haven't brought my A-game looking for the top talent, just training until i get my ass kicked. My loss was a fluke injury, Romania wouldn't join. I never fought in Africa, think that was reason, then blasted Spain, which bums Axis minors, knew I was finished on MMPS anyhow.

@James Taylor --- That you brother? Thought you still touring "Fire & Rain", "Carolina in my Mind", love your tunes. See you're playing Caesar's in April, I'll be there in March. Huge Elvis fan, since age 5.

(in reply to James Taylor)
Post #: 7
RE: How to stop Egypt from Axis occupation - 2/27/2019 2:03:49 AM   
James Taylor

Check in if I'm there early, but I'm trying to get Carly back for a duet.

SeaMonkey

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> How to stop Egypt from Axis occupation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI