Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

World War Three 1946 Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> World War Three 1946 Mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World War Three 1946 Mod - 3/25/2019 12:54:07 AM   
Hairog

I received an inquiry on if a WWIII1946 mod was going to be available for World at War. Here was my answer...

"Yes a WWIII1946 Mod is in the works. I'm about 60% done, but that was the easy stuff."

I was then asked about nuclear and chemical attacks.

"The only way to come close to simulating a nuclear or chemical attack is with an event script. The programers deliberately excluded a nuke unit etc. (I agree by the way with that decision). What I did in SC3 Europe was to have four sites in Egypt that the US player had to reach with a Silverplate B29 unit. Once he did that it sets off an event that dropped Polisti, Baku, and (two others that have slipped my mind at the moment) oil production to zero.

As long as the nuke units occupied those hexes in Egypt, they continued to damage the areas. The popups that come up when these events are fired is pretty startling if you haven't seen them. This same technique could be used for chemical attacks for an even fire bombing which killed more people in Tokyo than the atomic bombs did in Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

There are two main problems that the US was regarding using nukes on Russia.

1. Historically the US only had 4 atomic bombs in 1946-47. All of the scientist from the Manhattan Program rejoined civilian life and the expense was enormous, so the nukes were put on the back burner until the Soviets started making a ruckus in 1948. Ironically, Stalin was aware of this fact, but Truman and the Joint Chiefs of Staff were not."

2. We had no idea where to bomb. From 1942 on, the Soviets built secret cities and industrial areas in the Urals. Even if we had the 120 nuclear bombs that the JCS thought they needed to win a war, they did not have any knowledge of where the targets were. It wasn't until the 50s that we started to locate these vital areas. The only places we knew for sure were Baku and Ploesti, otherwise we were clueless.

Anyway I hope that helps.

Harry"

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Hairog -- 3/25/2019 12:55:06 AM >

WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be
Post #: 1
RE: World War Three 1946 Mod - 3/25/2019 12:55:46 AM   
Hairog

Targets

Attachment (1)

WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be

(in reply to Hairog)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> World War Three 1946 Mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI