Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why won't it unload?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Why won't it unload? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why won't it unload? - 4/19/2019 2:19:14 PM   
spence

I have a unit fragment consisting of 1 x CH-1 radar set belonging to a base force. The rest f the base force unloaded from a Transport TF composed of xAKs and xAPs without a hitch. They were not the first units to unload so the port size was 1. The port size has since increased to 2 but the unit fragment still didn't unload. Eventually I moved the one ship that had not unloaded to a size 3 port. It still won't unload.

What gives? I am seriously considering just setting the ship on full speed and giving it a destination in the middle of the ocean so that it'll sink itself after a while and I can replace the loss to the base unit from the supply points accumulated at the original port.
Post #: 1
RE: Why won't it unload? - 4/19/2019 4:26:09 PM   
Kursk1943

I had the same issue, but can't remember which unit it was. Perhaps it is a bug connected with that unit. I unloaded the radar at Darwin(port level 6). Later in the game I succeded marrying radar and base force again at Balikpapaan.

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 2
RE: Why won't it unload? - 4/19/2019 5:13:31 PM   
BBfanboy

That radar has a very high load factor and will require a large port or smaller port with lots of naval support to unload. If docked, I think it should have been able to unload at the level 3 port, but you might have to leave the ship docked for up to three days.

If you are far enough into the game to have LSTs, you might try loading that radar on the LST in AMPHIB mode and have it unload across the beach. There is always a chance the device may be lost during unloading but a replacement can then be drawn by the BF if there is enough supply at the base. You can also reduce the chance of loss during unloading if the BF including radar fragment is fully prepped.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 3
RE: Why won't it unload? - 4/23/2019 1:38:10 PM   
Skyros

Spence just sail the ship to Truk and I will sink it and then you can get it as a replacement.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Why won't it unload? - 4/30/2019 9:13:44 PM   
zuluhour

unloading radar into a lot of small ports, beaches etc. is difficult until the LST and APA

(in reply to Skyros)
Post #: 5
RE: Why won't it unload? - 5/1/2019 1:22:35 AM   
pontiouspilot

BBfb is correct...needs 3 or bigger as I recall. Don't worry about it. Send these remnants somewhere to unload until base expanded.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Why won't it unload? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI