Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hot Seat Issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Hot Seat Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hot Seat Issues - 3/17/2019 9:20:15 PM   
Fubarno

I’m playing the game with my son by hot seat mode but there are 2 problems.

1) when we save a game and then reopen it, different units are revealed based on the spying ability. Let me elaborate. I start a turn and some enemy units are revealed through the spying capability. I save the game. When I come back later and reopen my turn, a whole different set of units are revealed. This seems like a bug. My son also recognized that this happened on his turns. Anyone else?

2) I can’t seem to get an option to replay or show my opponents last move when I start my new turn. Is this a function that isn’t available in hot seat mode? If so it weakens the game. Players should be able to see what actions affected them on their opponents turn. Otherwise units just suffer casualties and have battles with no rhyme or reason. It just happened and you don’t know why. Did your fleet sink by aircraft, surface action or submarine. Did an armored unit destroy that corps and then fall back or was it a mass of air units and infantry formations. In hot seat I’ll never know unless my opponent tells me. I want to see the ebb and flow of the war during my opponents turn. Am I missing something and the option is available?
Post #: 1
RE: Hot Seat Issues - 3/20/2019 9:11:32 PM   
Fubarno

What, nobody plays hot seat?

(in reply to Fubarno)
Post #: 2
RE: Hot Seat Issues - 3/21/2019 12:45:24 AM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Fubarno,

Apologies for missing this post, let me look into this tomorrow and get back to you.

Hubert

(in reply to Fubarno)
Post #: 3
RE: Hot Seat Issues - 3/23/2019 3:16:25 AM   
Fubarno

Cool!

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 4
RE: Hot Seat Issues - 3/30/2019 7:16:44 PM   
Fubarno

Any feedback Mr. Cater? No replay in hotseat? There’s an option for quick replay but whether checked or unchecked we have no replays of opponents turn.

(in reply to Fubarno)
Post #: 5
RE: Hot Seat Issues - 4/2/2019 4:11:23 PM   
Hubert Cater

I've fixed the intelligence spotting issue for the next update and this should not only correct it for Hotseat but also for AI and PBEM++ games. The Hotseat replay is one for down the road unfortunately.

(in reply to Fubarno)
Post #: 6
RE: Hot Seat Issues - 5/8/2019 3:40:03 PM   
Fubarno

Hello Mr Cater. I’m playing my second game with my son. He’ll be 16 in a week. It’s a rocking good fight. He has the turn based strategy, war game gene., like his dad. We love this game. But, we can’t help but lament about how SC:WAW is extremely flawed without showing the opponents play when the turn is opened. I know PBEM has replay but we can’t seem to get an email game going from the same computer. Please fix the replay for hot seat play. Please!!!

Post #: 7
RE: Hot Seat Issues - 5/8/2019 6:51:51 PM   
taveston

Couldn't you just set up a PBEM game and play from the same computer?

(in reply to Fubarno)
Post #: 8
RE: Hot Seat Issues - 5/9/2019 12:55:17 AM   
taveston

Is there a way to change your PBEM log in?

< Message edited by taveston -- 5/9/2019 12:57:00 AM >

(in reply to taveston)
Post #: 9
RE: Hot Seat Issues - 5/9/2019 1:08:51 AM   
countrboy

I think it's great that you're playing a game with your son! I know my father never understood my interest in wargames (I remember badgering him to pick up a copy of Desert Rats for my 48k ZX Spectrum when he was overseas and he had no idea what I was on about). That was my first hex-based wargame and nearly 40 years later I'm still going. My eldest is only 8 but I hope to enjoying wargames with him in 8 more years!

(in reply to taveston)
Post #: 10
RE: Hot Seat Issues - 5/9/2019 1:34:59 PM   
Hubert Cater

Unfortunately there is no way to play PBEM++ on the same computer, not easily anyways, as you'll need two registrations and serial numbers etc.

Glad to hear you are enjoying playing Hotseat with your son, something I hope to also do one day with my own son (or even daughter if she ever shows any interest) and we'll see what we can do to add a replay to Hotseat games. It has been on our list for quite some time, but we always end up never getting back to it with so many things needing to be continually done on our end.

(in reply to countrboy)
Post #: 11
RE: Hot Seat Issues - 5/17/2019 11:01:41 PM   
Fubarno

Thanks for the reply Mr Cater. My son and I are still playing and having fun, a couple turns a night. We are very excited for when we can view the replay on our turns, especially in regard to the naval and air portion of the game. Cheers!

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Hot Seat Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI