Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stalingrad Scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Stalingrad Scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stalingrad Scenario - 10/26/2020 5:59:50 PM   
YorStein

Sup everyone , i am starting to learn how to work with the scenario editor of Advanced Tactics Gold.
I am now working on a Stalingrad Scenario , one Rifle subformation would be 60 men , the Main Combat Formations on the map would be Companys, Battalions and Regiment sized , with the HQs being Regiments, Divisions and Korps HQs.

I will post every Week an update (if i have something to show for atleast) ,
any things you guys would like to see or have in that scenario ?
Post #: 1
RE: Stalingrad Scenario - 10/26/2020 9:17:28 PM   
YorStein

Instead of making the real Stalingrad Scenario right away i instead opted for making a small scale Test Scenario first. Also this one is a bit more player friendly , seeing that its fairly small scale and thus a turn wont take more than half hour i assume

(in reply to YorStein)
Post #: 2
RE: Stalingrad Scenario - 10/26/2020 9:21:45 PM   
YorStein

This is the Map thus Far , i will add more details to the area around the city but the size of the Map should not change

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by YorStein -- 10/26/2020 9:22:27 PM >

(in reply to YorStein)
Post #: 3
RE: Stalingrad Scenario - 10/26/2020 9:31:55 PM   
YorStein

This shows the 23. Infantry Division , its made up of 3 Regiments (HQ) which in turn are made up out of Infantry Battalions (INFBA) , Infantry Companys (INFCO) , Assault Gun Companys (AGCOM) , Mortar Companys (MORCO) and Storm Infantry Companys (STOCO) , i change the ratio of the common Riflemen to 60 , so each Infantry Subformation makes up 30 Riflemen , 5 Medics , 5 Mg Gunners, 5 MG ammo carriers , 4 Squad Leaders and the Platoon Leader.
The Division here shown is about 18.000 Soldiers Strong.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to YorStein)
Post #: 4
RE: Stalingrad Scenario - 10/26/2020 9:34:15 PM   
YorStein

Here we see the 7. Panzer Division , the Divisions around it are just HQs as of yet and the 3 Regiments of the 7. only have there Main Combat units and lack Support Companys as of now. The Panzer Division as of yet has around 180 Tanks plus 45 Assault Guns

Attachment (1)

(in reply to YorStein)
Post #: 5
RE: Stalingrad Scenario - 10/26/2020 9:36:36 PM   
YorStein

This Shows the OOB for the Axis Side as of yet , 2 Korps a 3 Divisons. Each Division has 2-3 Regiments which in turn have 3 Main Combat Battalions plus 3-5 Support Companys (AT,Mortars,Assaultguns and Storm Infantry)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to YorStein)
Post #: 6
RE: Stalingrad Scenario - 10/26/2020 9:42:36 PM   
YorStein

Last but not least : STATISTICS !!! YEEEEEEE
okay but for real numbers are neat ^.^
The Number of Infantry Men should be at around 90.000-140.000 Once i added all Axis Forces and there will be a small Production base to add to those numbers. The Russian Side is going to be 135.000-210.000 and will have a Medium Production base.
The Goal of the Scenario is the following :
The Axis Forces will have to take the Western Side of the City and hold it against the Red Army for X amount of turns(lets say 20-25) , the Red Army on the Otherhand has to defend the Western Side and must ward off any Axis assault on the City. The Red Army Formations at the Frontline will be in bad shape and easy prey for the Axis Forces which will cause heavy losses for the red and give the Axis a good chance to take good chunk of the City at the start , the larger size of the Red Army plus the Greater Production base should enable the Red Army to Counter Attack after 5-11 Turns, form there on it should become a fierce fight for every Urban tile.

(Or thats my idea at least , if you have a better victory Condition let me know , i am not that good at them i think)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by YorStein -- 10/26/2020 9:48:47 PM >

(in reply to YorStein)
Post #: 7
RE: Stalingrad Scenario - 10/26/2020 11:40:56 PM   
ernieschwitz

Interesting.

I would be most interested to hear about those updates. :)

(in reply to YorStein)
Post #: 8
RE: Stalingrad Scenario - 10/27/2020 9:55:55 PM   
YorStein

So i started to make russian units and OOB aswell and i noticed that infantry dies well to quickly and Arty is way too strong aswell as german tanks , i have to rearange alot of numbers and started to balance stuff. I also need to look up how to code events or text messages to the Player. Sofar the Axis have 53000 vs 103.000 Soviets. I started to add Mgs and Mortars to the Infantry units though i might think blank Inf units may be better to balance and easyier to manage.
I also will add costum landscapes (Trenches and Urban Landscapes with less entrechment)

(in reply to YorStein)
Post #: 9
RE: Stalingrad Scenario - 10/28/2020 6:14:30 PM   
YorStein

The Panzer Forces are like 40% done and like 60% Balanced , i am not yet happy with some of the Combat results but over all its okay

Attachment (1)

(in reply to YorStein)
Post #: 10
RE: Stalingrad Scenario - 10/28/2020 6:17:32 PM   
YorStein

I added a Bridge in the South for land crossing and added some of the Russian Forces already (about half) but i have to change the make up of most Formations alot. The Main problem is the Size Difference between the Sides, the Germans have Company and Battalion sized units , the Russians have Regiment sized units , yet the Russian Divisions are only about 1/3-1/2 of the German Division in Size (was in RL that way). Play Testing and Balancing is taking alot of time right now. I think i will upload the First Playable Version in 3-4 Days on the Scenario Bank , maybe 2 if i can get alot of Progress done

Attachment (1)

(in reply to YorStein)
Post #: 11
RE: Stalingrad Scenario - 10/28/2020 6:23:58 PM   
YorStein

Here you see the Sovietgrad Defensive Force , the First line of Defensive is the Retreating 23. Army (the 23. Infantry units have no heavy Equipment and lowered readyness to simulate that they are in a retreat) . From the Play testing i done so far i can say that most of these Units will be wipedout by the 4-5th Turn however they do cause the German side some casulties and time delays which the Soviet side can use to reinforce the City Proper with fresh produced units and old units from the East Bank. The 2nd Line of Defense is manned by the Miltia Units , current Play testing says these Forces will be washed away by the German side , however causing more casulties.
By the time the German Side reaches the City itself most infantry units lost 1/3-1/2 there subunits. Tank losses where about 1/5 to 1/4. The Infantry Division in the Hills also always repulsed any German attack thus far.
Infantry vs Infantry combat is not balanced out yet. Sometimes both sides just retreat. I recomend to change the Retreat value to 75% losses that gets realstic results (meaning 1/4-1/3KIA and 3/4-2/3 retreating)
Assaultguns are bit to strong rightnow in urban areas, i will fix this by adding AT inf to the Regular units and by chaning the modifiers for Urban combat drasticaly

Casulties in most Simulations which went to 6 turn where as follows :
20.000ish Soviet Rilfes for 8.000-11.000 German Rifles (8k if played defensive but time consuming , 11k if played aggresive forward rush towards the city)
Tank losses where 90 T26 and 35T34 to 40 Panzer III 20 Panzer IV and 35 STUG III
Panzer Grenadier losses where around 3.000 because i used them always agressive to take down the soviet 45th Tank Division in the South. However these High losses rendered the Infantry Elements of the German Panzer Division almost useless by Turn 6.
I will add more support units for the Germans and Airfoce but the Russians will get trenches and also more units.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by YorStein -- 10/28/2020 6:42:44 PM >

(in reply to YorStein)
Post #: 12
RE: Stalingrad Scenario - 10/28/2020 6:25:18 PM   
YorStein

Once again , the German OOB , not much has changed (Some more Tanks and we now have Panzergrenadiers as 2nd type of Inf)
Also the Germans now have 2 HQs with about 15.000 Riflemen , some 30 Panzer III and 25 Stugs and bit arty as replacements . In playtesting i noticed that the German Side was able to easy sweep the Soviet Forces in fields away (1:5 K/D ratios) but the casulties where so high that the German Infantry Units where not able to even enter the City , Soviet Arty was able to takeout 2000-3000 ish soldiers per turn. The German Forces had to use Tanks in order to get into the city (which worked quiet well because i forgot to adjust there numbers and add At Inf and urban modifiers lul) even so the Forward German Assault Gun and Panzer Companys where sometimes down to 5-10 Panzers and no Infantry left.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by YorStein -- 10/28/2020 6:29:19 PM >

(in reply to YorStein)
Post #: 13
RE: Stalingrad Scenario - 10/28/2020 6:32:09 PM   
YorStein

Finnaly , here we have the Soviet OOB as it is now. Arty numbers are fairly fine and Arty units are 70-80% balanced ,the heavyier Guns do a bit too much Dmg to infantry and too little to Tanks, Airforce needs to be added aswell as heavy Infantry support equiqment for most units and a 3rd Army (the 62.) need to be added.
I can show you the TOE for both sides if any of you want to see that , though it is subject to heavy changes everyday

Attachment (1)

(in reply to YorStein)
Post #: 14
RE: Stalingrad Scenario - 10/28/2020 6:33:14 PM   
YorStein

oh and yeah those 2700 German soldiers on the SOV OOB will also soon disapear XD ^^

(in reply to YorStein)
Post #: 15
RE: Stalingrad Scenario - 10/29/2020 6:35:58 PM   
YorStein

I uploaded the latest version here : https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=305
Feedback and Playtesting would be nice

< Message edited by YorStein -- 10/29/2020 6:36:20 PM >

(in reply to YorStein)
Post #: 16
RE: Stalingrad Scenario - 1/2/2021 4:11:27 PM   
ernieschwitz

Meant to tell you earlier, and perhaps it is too late now, as I don't know if you've given up on this: you only really need 2 HQ layers. One for combat, and one for supply flow. Staff only gives bonuses to the Non-HQ units directly under them, so there is no real reason to make intermediary HQs. If These are worth PPs, people will disband them, and gain the PPs, and instead connect them to the SHQ, where the supply is flowing from. I do like your approach though, and perhaps if you made some officer cards, there could be some meaning to having intermediate HQs.. You could get inspired by the officer cards in the various DC iterations.

(in reply to YorStein)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Stalingrad Scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI