Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loss of the oil fields for the Soviets

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Loss of the oil fields for the Soviets Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loss of the oil fields for the Soviets - 6/1/2019 10:37:01 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Dear Gamers,

What is the effect of loss of all the oilfields all the south Caucasus up and to including Baku. I have captured all the south by mid-1943. Do the axis get any benefit from capturing all the oilfields as well.

Never had this happen before.

Appreciate your help.
Post #: 1
RE: Loss of the oil fields for the Soviets - 6/1/2019 10:43:57 AM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry
What is the effect of loss of all the oilfields all the south Caucasus up and to including Baku. I have captured all the south by mid-1943. Do the axis get any benefit from capturing all the oilfields as well.

General advice seems to be makes no difference to anybody whatsoever. Even though historically oil was very important, in WitE neither side will have a shortage whatever happens to the oilfields in the Caucasus and Baku. The game mechanics will remove the oil production from whoever loses it, and if you hold on to it for long enough and it repairs you will then get its oil. But as no one ever lacks oil even so it does not matter who has it.

Developers explanation is that if they tried to adjust it so that it would for the campaign it would interfere with the lesser scenarios etc.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 6/1/2019 11:32:47 AM >

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 2
RE: Loss of the oil fields for the Soviets - 6/1/2019 10:45:28 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Great LOL

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 3
RE: Loss of the oil fields for the Soviets - 6/1/2019 11:32:02 AM   
fritzfarlig

I too have conquer Baku that makes no different for the oil supply even the red army either the Wehrmacht

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 4
RE: Loss of the oil fields for the Soviets - 6/1/2019 12:06:37 PM   
Commanderski

It's probably buried way back in the forum somewhere but this was discussed a very long time ago. It was determined that the loss of Baku and that area would only be very temporary for the Soviets as they have huge oil reserves and would have other refineries online in a very short time.

Also the Germans wouldn't have the refineries up and running before they lost them again.

(in reply to fritzfarlig)
Post #: 5
RE: Loss of the oil fields for the Soviets - 6/1/2019 1:19:24 PM   
Bear1888

hmpf. i have conquered the Caucasus up to Grozny and hoped that it will slow down the soviet oil production. But at least this way my opponent lost some industry and manpower centers.

(in reply to Commanderski)
Post #: 6
RE: Loss of the oil fields for the Soviets - 6/1/2019 2:08:55 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bear1888

hmpf. i have conquered the Caucasus up to Grozny and hoped that it will slow down the soviet oil production. But at least this way my opponent lost some industry and manpower centers.

Baku is a permanent supply point. Cut the rail east of Stalingrad and key ports on the Caspian Sea and Isolation is very possible. Much more immediately rewarding than strategic oil ;)

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to Bear1888)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Loss of the oil fields for the Soviets Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI