Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What are the conditions for Spain joining the Axis

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> What are the conditions for Spain joining the Axis Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What are the conditions for Spain joining the Axis - 7/13/2019 8:06:54 PM   
taffjones

In WiE if you are able to pull off a "All of France" you usually get the option to invite Spain to join the Axis.

In a hotseat game trying out different things, I had invested Diplo chits in Spain and pulled of a all of France.
But Spain only increased its leaning to the Axis, there was no invitation to bring Spain into the Axis.

Could someone tell me what the conditions for Spain joining the Axis are?

Thanks in Advance
Post #: 1
RE: What are the conditions for Spain joining the Axis - 7/13/2019 9:32:16 PM   
Mercutio

I think you still have to get them to the 90% threshold.

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 2
RE: What are the conditions for Spain joining the Axis - 7/14/2019 2:13:10 AM   
taffjones

Hi Mercutio
That wasn't the case in WiE.
If you didn't do all of France (by taking Algiers before the option to form Vichy France) then different conditions applied.
IE If there was a Allied unit in or close to Casablanca, and additional French units were deployed in and around Algiers.

But if you took Algiers before France surrendered, you hade the option to invite Spain into the Axis and they would take parts of the French territory in North Africa.

This doesn't seem to be the case in WaW.

So maybe Hubert or Bill could clarify this and tell us what the actual conditions are.

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 3
RE: What are the conditions for Spain joining the Axis - 7/14/2019 11:25:43 AM   
Xsillione

If I read the event file correctly:
-Oran controlled by the Axis (major France surrender or otherwise)
-No Allies units near Rabat (within 5 hex)
-Spain leans to axis at 60% or greater, but not yet activated as axis member
-Italy is activated as Axis member and not Surrendered

< Message edited by Xsillione -- 7/14/2019 11:26:23 AM >

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 4
RE: What are the conditions for Spain joining the Axis - 7/14/2019 1:51:53 PM   
taffjones

Thanks Xsillione
If Spain needs to be leaning to the Axis at 60%, I think it is impossible to get them to join by doing a "All of France" strategy as its impossible to get them to 60% with diplo chits in the time scale of defeating France.

(in reply to Xsillione)
Post #: 5
RE: What are the conditions for Spain joining the Axis - 7/14/2019 2:08:23 PM   
crispy131313

French surrender triggers the Vichy decision, now in the newest update Spain moves 20-25% towards the Axis when France surrenders, so Spain is having a bump simultaneously as the Vichy decision fires, so you may be above 60% if you were successful diplomatically.

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 6
RE: What are the conditions for Spain joining the Axis - 7/14/2019 3:08:14 PM   
Xsillione

If nothing happens, currently spain will be around 25% to axis when france fall, if you do some diplo, get matla/gibraltar/suez or anything else that helps you it can happen, but considering that spain joining is an ahistorical option, it is even too easy against the AI.

(in reply to crispy131313)
Post #: 7
RE: What are the conditions for Spain joining the Axis - 7/16/2019 10:04:33 AM   
BillRunacre

Yes, diplomacy + victory over France is required. In the past it was felt to be too easy to get Spain to join the Axis, so this ensures that a diplomatic strategy is required.

Note that the Strategy Guides containing details of all Decisions and their trigger conditions can be opened from one of the buttons at the top right of the screen.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Xsillione)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> What are the conditions for Spain joining the Axis Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI