Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Research "Catch Up" recap

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Research "Catch Up" recap Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Research "Catch Up" recap - 7/20/2019 12:32:45 PM   
PvtBenjamin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Highest Friendly Research Catch Up Bonus - Non mobilized majors will not benefit, and only the research levels from fully mobilized nations are taken into account that are set to 'share' research.

EXAMPLES
- UK and France are mobilized and are set to share research with each other. UK and France share research and a higher level between the two can help one or the other.
- UK is mobilized and the US is not. The US has a higher level of research in a particular category, the UK cannot benefit. The UK has a higher level of research in a particular category, the US cannot benefit.
- UK and the USSR are mobilized (or not mobilized), they are not set to share research with each other. Neither can benefit from the other from research level differences.

Highest Enemy Research Catch Up Bonus - Only the research levels from fully mobilized nations are taken into account.

EXAMPLES
- UK and Germany are fully mobilized. Higher enemy research levels will be taken into account for either nation.
- USSR is not fully mobilized, Germany is mobilized. Higher Soviet research levels will not benefit German research (no catch up bonus), but higher German research will benefit Soviet research (pre-war espionage takes this into account for a potential catch up bonus here)

Key Takeaways (currently some changes are being considered)

1) Both Friendly & Enemy Research catch ups are only FROM mobilized countries

2) Enemy catch ups can be TO non-mobilized countries (applies to SU,US & IT)

3) Friendly catch ups are only TO mobilized countries

4) SU does not participate in Friendly catch up at any time (I don't know why but its so) but again does participate in enemy "catch up" before full mobilization

Correct?
Post #: 1
RE: Research "Catch Up" recap - 7/21/2019 1:19:39 PM   
Hubert Cater

That looks correct to me, and for 4) the Soviet Union does not participate only because it is a non cooperative Major, which is the same reason Allies cannot typically operate and function well within Soviet territory either and vice versa.

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 2
RE: Research "Catch Up" recap - 7/25/2019 7:10:43 PM   
PvtBenjamin

I've had a few situations where I've retreated the Brits all the way back to Caucasus.

The units performed much worse than the indicated SU supply.

What is the exact modifier when non SU Allied units are fighting in the SU?

< Message edited by PvtBenjamin -- 7/25/2019 9:29:53 PM >

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Research "Catch Up" recap - 7/26/2019 1:43:04 PM   
Hubert Cater

In the initial v1.16 release, we updated the supply situation for what you've described to the following:

- friendly non cooperative majors will now provide a maximum supply of 3 to friendly units from resource supplying towns, cities and ports. Previously it was 0 supply.

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Research "Catch Up" recap Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI