Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

a 19th Century database

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> a 19th Century database Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
a 19th Century database - 8/5/2019 5:44:26 PM   
larryfulkerson

I found a 19th Century database on the "Rugged Defense" website before it went down and adopted it for the scenario "American Civil War" that I found also on RD. I've posted it here below in case somebody needs muskets and napoleon cannons, etc. There's also some graphics files that you can use on your fighting units for colors, etc. I've posted it here below.

Attachment (1)

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?
Post #: 1
RE: a 19th Century database - 8/5/2019 9:04:37 PM   
Silvanski

The graphics are BMP Larry, unusable in TOAW IV... And did that Civil War scenario not have broken events?

The TOAW Redux Dude

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 2
RE: a 19th Century database - 8/6/2019 3:43:22 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silvanski
The graphics are BMP Larry, unusable in TOAW IV... And did that Civil War scenario not have broken events?
I have no idea, but given your track record I'm perfectly sure you are correct. I haven't been keeping up with American Civil War of any varient. I have a vague memory of adopting the 19th Century database into the scenario itself, naming it correctly, creating a folder for it in the graphics override folder and moving it there, saving the ensamble of files using the TOAW 4 editor with the same scenario name and posting it on this thread as an offering, I'm guessing close to 9 months ago. What happened to it after that or whether or not it was playable at all without any changes from the state it had when it lived on "Rugged Defense" I know not.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 8/6/2019 3:45:43 AM >

(in reply to Silvanski)
Post #: 3
RE: a 19th Century database - 8/8/2019 2:58:17 PM   
Hellen_slith

Napoleonic musket and cannon would be useful for me to use in my Texian War scenario effort. Only a few cannon were used in the OOB I've researched, mostly it seems to be cavalry / infantry for Santa Anna and "irregular" forces for the Texians (bowie knives and hunting rifles with a few small bore pounders).

Also interested in trying to find "schooners" for the naval aspect. Not sure how or if I even want to go there, but any update on this kind of equipment database would be helpful to me. Thanks!

Post #: 4
RE: a 19th Century database - 8/8/2019 4:54:57 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

Also interested in trying to find "schooners" for the naval aspect.
Schooners are available already in the 19th Century database. I remember seeing them in the American Civil War scenario after I incorporated the 19th Century database into the old copy of the scenario I found on "Rugged Defense". You'd be surprised what's available.

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 5
RE: a 19th Century database - 8/8/2019 5:37:44 PM   
Hellen_slith

Thanks, Larry! Is that 19th c. database you mention that is something that comes w/ the game, or is it something separate that I download?

I see also in my research, some "renegade" Indian units mentioned in sources that I might want to incorporate (or should I say, Native Americans?) Was thinking about how to incorporate those if possible, along w/ the few schooners that were part of the naval engagements and affected supply and reinforcements.

So far, I have whittled it all down to a one month engagement, thirty turns on paper, I have OOBs, so any and all the add'l info I can get is very helpful and much appreciated!!

Going to go look at some old maps at the university tomorrow. Starting to get interesting! Thanks again!

Post #: 6
RE: a 19th Century database - 8/8/2019 6:06:16 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hellen_slith
Thanks, Larry! Is that 19th c. database you mention that is something that comes w/ the game, or is it something separate that I download?

I see also in my research, some "renegade" Indian units mentioned in sources that I might want to incorporate (or should I say, Native Americans?) Was thinking about how to incorporate those if possible, along w/ the few schooners that were part of the naval engagements and affected supply and reinforcements.

So far, I have whittled it all down to a one month engagement, thirty turns on paper, I have OOBs, so any and all the add'l info I can get is very helpful and much appreciated!!

Going to go look at some old maps at the university tomorrow. Starting to get interesting! Thanks again!
I'm going to try to find a better way to show you the plethera of units that come with the database. I clicked on the "new equipment" button, thinking that most of them would be there but I found only several. There's inference to other new unit types available in the list of equipment for the unit that I'm showcasing....proving that other available new units exist that aren't included here. I'm going to breakout my XML skills and see if I can't sleuth them out in some way. I'm curious about what kinds are available now myself you see. Give me about an hour or so.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 7
RE: a 19th Century database - 8/8/2019 6:57:17 PM   
larryfulkerson

I've done some cut and paste operations to capture all the equipment available from the 19th century database sorted by type of equipment. There's a plethera of empty slots in each of the different type panels as well as completely empty equipment type panels. Notice the new equipment type "Napolenic - 100 meters" in the bottom left corner. Other new equipment types can be defined and made available. New ships can be defined as needed and added to the existing "ships" panel OR you can define a new equipment type "MY Ships" or something and list it there. There's a plethera of options depending on the needs of your scenario. The constillation of possible combinations staggers the lessor mind.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 8/8/2019 7:04:11 PM >

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> a 19th Century database Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI