Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

In the Bunker

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> In the Bunker Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
In the Bunker - 5/15/2000 3:12:00 PM   
Recon_slith

Just a few thoughts on fortifications and how they work. A) The rude gesture firepower soak - Although forts have a limited fire arc you can still Target (T command) any unit in line of sight. This would be no big deal but when the F command is used it is treated as if said fort had in fact fired (visions of the bunker crew going 'Nyah, Nyah Yah Nyah, Nyah'). If there are no legit targets about this can be used to make all such units futilely (well, usually) fire at the fort and use up thier Op Fire chances and rendered vulnerable thereby. It's usefull but hardly realistic even in a game sense. B) Lets get outta here - When a fort is flanked it's usually just a matter of time before it's destroyed. How about giving the poor sods the option to bail out like a tank crew can? They can be armed with rifles and grenades plus maybe a LMG if the fort had one. The best option to deal with the abandoned bunker would be to assume any weapons left behind are rendered inoperable but allow occupation by either side. The easiest is to simply mark it as destroyed if the owners leave. C) Out and attem - The bunker boys aren't totally restricted by the arcs of fire of fixed weapons. It's not hard to assume that there are other slits and/or an associated trench system which will allow the use of small arms and grenades in all directions. If they cannot abandon the place then at least they can defend themselves in some fashion from the blind spots. It would be a good idea if such fire were restricted to one or two hexes. New weapon template of Fort. small arms? Any other ideas? ------------------ Wait for Death. There's a choice? Recon

Let me make the superstitions of a nation and I care not who makes its laws or its songs either.
-- Mark Twain
Post #: 1
- 5/15/2000 8:37:00 PM   
Seth

I noticed the good old 'fire when you can't' trick to get the enemy to fire at you. That's been around since SP1. In SP1, the crew wouldn't bail, of course, but when the fort really got pounded they'd retreat, and you could rally them and use as infantry. I think it would be nice to let them bail, or even counterattack by getting out.

(in reply to Recon_slith)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> In the Bunker Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI