Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CLOSED - Experienced IJ or Allied opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> CLOSED - Experienced IJ or Allied opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CLOSED - Experienced IJ or Allied opponent wanted - DBB... - 8/11/2019 10:13:27 AM   
castor troy

Hey guys!

Returning to the game I'd like to start another PBEM. For those who don't know me due to my absence the last years, I consider myself quite an experienced player having the need of a couple of turns to find back into every aspect of the game, thus I'd like to pick the more excusing Allied side. I have played PBEM for many years, most games as the Japanese conquerer. Am good for about 20-25 turns a week, mostly depending if you are available at the same time though. There should be several AARs around, either from me or my opponents if you want to get a picture.

I'm looking for an experienced IJ opponent, being reliable and looking for a long term PBEM that doesn't focus on trying to game the game but bringing up a great experience for both players.

BigBabes_B_AEScen028_v15
Babes_Extended Map Data Without SL 05_12_14
WarinthePacificAdmiralsEdition-UpdateComp-v1126a

Settings:

FOW ON
Advanced weather OFF
PDU ON
Historical First turn OFF
Allied damage control ON
Surprise ON
Realistic R&D ON
Reliable USN torps OFF
No unit withdrawals OFF
Reinforcements for both sides +/- 60 days
turn cicle 1 day

Auto sub ops OFF
Turn cycle 1

House rules taken from previous games that have proved to work well for both sides:

cease fire in China until 1 Feb 42
no Allied strategic bombing of occupied Allied territory at any time, Allied strategic bombing only allowed on Japanese held territory of 12/7/41
no Japanese strat bombing in China
no Allied 4E bombers on naval attack below 10.000ft. Valid for ARMY 4Es, not valid for any Allied NAVY heavy bombers at any time
PP for restricted units crossing land borders like going from Manchuko into China or India into Burma
no restrictions for nightbombing concerning manpower, if either side goes out of whack concerning the IMO still broken tactical night bombing in the game this should be discussed during the game

cheers!

edit: now looking for either Allied or IJ opponent

< Message edited by castor troy -- 8/30/2019 12:16:24 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/11/2019 11:56:32 AM   
btd64

Good luck with your pbem....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 2
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/11/2019 1:50:28 PM   
Chickenboy

Welcome back and good luck on your PBEM, Castor Troy.

Post #: 3
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/13/2019 2:56:07 AM   
John 3rd

Good to see you Posting again. Good luck!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/13/2019 11:50:51 AM   
jmscho

I'm not free for a game, but would be interested in the logic behind the China Cease Fire in your proposed House Rules.

Post #: 5
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/13/2019 2:32:29 PM   
Alpha77

quote:

...still broken tactical night bombing in the game this should be discussed during the game....

Also not free but would like to hear about the "broken night bombing" Thanks

(in reply to jmscho)
Post #: 6
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/17/2019 8:16:54 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

quote:

...still broken tactical night bombing in the game this should be discussed during the game....

Also not free but would like to hear about the "broken night bombing" Thanks

tactical nigtht bombing is way too accurate in the game compared to what was possible in real life, especially in this theatre. To me, night bombing shouldn't be more than a nuisance now and then in the game, while I never use it when my opponent doesn't too

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 7
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/17/2019 10:58:10 AM   
Corvulus

whats about night bombing cities just all over the theatre?

Post #: 8
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/17/2019 12:58:26 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Corvulus

whats about night bombing cities just all over the theatre?

city bombing, means manpower in the game, is somewhat ok to me. Still, I usually don't night bomb at all and if, then it's a nuisance and to force the enemy to use nightfighters and/or AA at an airbase/city.

(in reply to Corvulus)
Post #: 9
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/18/2019 8:59:17 AM   
castor troy

231 hits but no takers. Seems a bit harder to find an opponent nowadays than a couple of years ago. Damn

Post #: 10
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/18/2019 10:22:21 AM   
Miller

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

231 hits but no takers. Seems a bit harder to find an opponent nowadays than a couple of years ago. Damn

I think you may need to drop the China cease fire and no Allied strat bombing house rules in order to find a player.

Post #: 11
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/18/2019 12:17:08 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miller

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

I think you may need to drop the China cease fire and no Allied strat bombing house rules in order to find a player.

I have done this in the past and in any case the game couldn't handle it, everytime seeing my opponent quit on me due to it. As the Japanese, I go on the offensive and steam roll China until the end of 42, every IJ player can do this quite easily if he wants and really commits to it. Then I put those China units either into Burma (game over Allied offensive there) and into the Pacific. Have fun island hopping when you have to face a dozen additional 99exp IJ divs there. Result was several Allied players quitting on me, telling me how idiotic, ahistorical and gamey it would be to take out China as the IJ. And then, even with the cease fire and the no strat bombing in China I was usually able to take out most if not all of China in my IJ games as soon as the Allied player was either making a mistake or if he wasn't really into land combat.

Same goes for the Allied strategic bombing of Allied occupied territory. Commit to it and see the Japanese lose at least 50% of the oil in the DEI and see him quit. Been there, done that. Not once, several times. I've played with these hrs in all WITP AE PBEM that went past a couple of months and they were part of the reason people didn't quit early.

I rather have no game than one that is ending in 42 as most PBEMs seem to.

< Message edited by castor troy -- 8/18/2019 12:18:46 PM >

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 12
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/18/2019 12:21:58 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmscho

I'm not free for a game, but would be interested in the logic behind the China Cease Fire in your proposed House Rules.

sorry, didn't see your post earlier. Please see below in what I have answered to Miller.

(in reply to jmscho)
Post #: 13
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/18/2019 12:29:40 PM   
castor troy

I was stumbling into obvert's AAR vs Lowpe when I thought I misread the date when the Allied pretty much own as much as they usually do at some point in 44 and found an interesting comment:

If we replayed this game it would have been even more bloody I'm sure than the current, and yet I think the Allies could have still held out for the duration in the SRA or at least long enough to ruin the majority of oil centers, as well as causing a reduced perimeter that could be exploited very early. I also had big bases at Tulagi, Lunga, Tabiteuauea and Port Moresby than were being coninually reinforced.

This is 100% mirroring my oppinion, if the Allied player wants to cripple the IJ then this is doable, if you just take the losses to do so. Result: game over. In this case I have to fully applaud Lowpe that he continues this PBEM, absolutely amazing to me.

Post #: 14
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/19/2019 4:56:42 AM   
RangerJoe

Not into doing PBEMs yet, especially as IJ since I am just learning that side.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Post #: 15
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/21/2019 12:36:23 AM   
ny59giants

Welcome back, sir!
You need to look at Big B’s mod as he has redone China to be much more of a stalemate.
I’ve just reached Feb 45 as Allies playing BTS Lite and probably don’t have time for another game.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 16
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/24/2019 3:02:57 PM   
castor troy

Noone interested?

Any Allied player interested?

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 17
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/25/2019 7:25:12 PM   
Mundy

Pm sent.

Post #: 18
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/29/2019 4:16:00 AM   
durnedwolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mundy

Pm sent.

That's what I wanna see - two 5-stars going at it. I hope someone does an AAR!

DW

I try to live by two words - tenacity and gratitude. Tenacity gets me where I want to go and gratitude ensures I'm not angry along the way. - Henry Winkler.

The great aim of education is not knowledge but action. - Herbert Spencer

(in reply to Mundy)
Post #: 19
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/30/2019 12:15:35 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: durnedwolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mundy

Pm sent.

That's what I wanna see - two 5-stars going at it. I hope someone does an AAR!

opponent found, pleasure to play Mundy

Don't know about him, but I'm planning to do an AAR if I have the needed time available

30 Aug 2019, castor is back in the game

(in reply to durnedwolf)
Post #: 20
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/30/2019 12:55:59 PM   
btd64

Congrats. Are you still playing as allies or Japan?
Anyway, Good luck....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

Post #: 21
RE: Experienced IJ opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map - 8/30/2019 3:50:56 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

Congrats. Are you still playing as allies or Japan?
Anyway, Good luck....GP

I'm going as the Japanese commander, obviously been way easier to find an Allied opponent. Expecting my butt being kicked though

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> CLOSED - Experienced IJ or Allied opponent wanted - DBB028 extended map Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI