Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Interdiction

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Interdiction Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Interdiction - 8/25/2019 1:27:29 AM   
canuckgamer

I posted a similar comment at SC WIE after playing two campaign games. One of the key factors in the success of D-Day and not being pushed back in to the sea was the Allied total air superiority and months of bombing the transport lines leading in to Normandy, i.e. railroads and roads. In SC WIE you can react to any invasion quickly and significantly by using operational movement.
Historically the Germans had a lot of difficulty bringing up reinforcements and even their travel by road was more at night to avoid the constant attacks and harassment by Allied planes.
Post #: 1
RE: Interdiction - 8/25/2019 4:31:01 PM   
ncc1701e

For this, it would require to destroy roads, bridges, railroads as historically to reduce movement factors.

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 2
RE: Interdiction - 8/25/2019 8:15:27 PM   
AlvaroSousa

The game has interdiction. When you air strike an enemy ground unit there is a chance they lose operation points on their turn.
Air strikes also hit effectiveness reducing how well they fight.
Air strikes do little physical damage. You can't destroy units with air strikes.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 3
RE: Interdiction - 10/16/2019 4:30:17 AM   
Hairog

You want interdiction, you got it in this simulation.
I wanted to test it out so I chose the eve of D-Day. I had two turns at the Germans to prepare. My premise was that Hitler found out when and where the landings were going to happen.

I pulled everything...everything, from the eastern front, norway, all the remaining ships and planes. I set them up to interdict and they did. They got hammered but they gave their best shot.

The picture is a composite of all the interdictions that happened in one turn. You will not see them like this but you can look at them one at a time.My point being that there is a lot of cool stuff going on under the hood in this game, A LOT!

Attachment (1)

WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 4
RE: Interdiction - 10/16/2019 7:13:22 AM   
Michael T

I think the OP is referring to interdicting German reinforcements *before* they arrive at the invasion front. Not once they are there. Two entirely different things.

Some games implement this by allowing the player (allied in this case) to perform interdiction attacks in hexes that are going to be potential routes to the front for the enemy. JTS 'Strategic War' does this. It works well.

(in reply to Hairog)
Post #: 5
RE: Interdiction - 10/16/2019 10:05:06 AM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

In SC WIE you can react to any invasion quickly and significantly by using operational movement.

I don't know about WarPlan, but I think the OP is wrong in making the above statement about SC3, because the Allied Player can use his Strategic Air Force to bomb cities and isolate the battle field [units cannot Operate thru a city that is at a level less than 5].

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Interdiction Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI