Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Options at game start

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Options at game start Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Options at game start - 9/22/2019 2:35:42 PM   
kbfchicago

Long time player, new to editing. Was looking to make modifications to the game start, adding more variability into the first 30 days with delayed arrivals (e.g. all reflected merchant shipping was not mobilized immediately), additional ships at sea on the first turn, etc.

I have read through and searched the editor manual, I did find how to load LCUs in TFs and set initial fuel levels on ships. Have not figured out how to load cargo: supplies, fuel and resources onto TFs in transit (at sea) or in port at the start of the game. Can someone help me out with this or confirm that is not an option?

Thank you.

Kevin
Post #: 1
RE: Options at game start - 9/22/2019 2:58:45 PM   
Dili

Isn't enough to put it in cargo, transport TF, replenishment TF etc? i suppose resources would be a problem. I checked the Japanese tankers and there isn't an obvious option except the TF mission type.

(in reply to kbfchicago)
Post #: 2
RE: Options at game start - 9/22/2019 3:11:23 PM   
kbfchicago

Dili,

My intent is to put some % of cargo TFs as empty, reflecting cargo that would not contribute to AE supply (e.g. commercial items), a % with partial loads, a few with full loads. Mix of fuel and oil tankers. The world was not an pause for the 6th of Dec, looking to reflect typical commercial traffic for that time with a mix of Allied nations sending out pre-war supplies/stockpiles. Same but a lesser extent for Japan, don't know, but assume they did not pull every commercial ship off the seas on 6 Dec.

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 3
RE: Options at game start - 9/22/2019 4:53:14 PM   
Dili

% of cargo i think you can't do it.

What you could do is to cut the fuel of the ships that are at sea, and ship mechanical status , i mean KB is in Pearl Harbor full of fuel and all ships shinning as if they have come out of shipyard.

(in reply to kbfchicago)
Post #: 4
RE: Options at game start - 9/24/2019 4:28:01 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Not an option. Unless you specify a land or air unit to load, the load of merchant ships in TFs at game start is completely random.

Mechanical defects at game start i.e. sys and eng damage have been included in at least one mod (mine)

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 5
RE: Options at game start - 11/5/2019 2:19:44 PM   
kbfchicago

LST - Dili, thanks. Yes LST, you are my hero...use your mod exclusively at this point :-). Love it.

Will have to modify my approach, put cargo ships at see with no cargo. Perhaps reflecting what was at sea on 6 Dec were only cargos that would not have added to wartime supply or resourcing, not terribly realistic but better in my mind vs. having 95% of ships start in a port.

That would be a potential ask for any future mods. Ability to start ships at sea with full/partial supply or resource cargos. Reflecting a more realistic pattern of traffic on 6 Dec

Thanks. Kevin.

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 6
RE: Options at game start - 11/5/2019 5:26:54 PM   
PaxMondo

When you create a TF and give it a mission, the startup will put cargo in. So, if you have a TF on a resource run and it is mid-transit, when you start each ship will have some resources in it. Not always full, but some. Not sure if all of the choices are in the editor, you may have to edit the csv files for this. I only edit in the csv files, so ….

Pax

(in reply to kbfchicago)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Options at game start Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI