Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Finland has the newest Soviet tanks and aircrafts on T1. The industrial espionage?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Finland has the newest Soviet tanks and aircrafts on T1. The industrial espionage? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Finland has the newest Soviet tanks and aircrafts on T1... - 10/12/2019 8:02:28 PM   
Dreamslayer

I was confused when I saw that right from the start Finland has in the pool 15 T-34 and 18 Pe-2 (and 2 more in air-unit).

The production of T-34 and Pe-2 was started after Soviet-Finnish(The Winter) war. So they could not be captured by Finns on 22 June 1941.

What I have found about Pe-2 in Finland.
On 19 Dec 1941 6 Pe-2(captured by Germans) was delivered to Finland. Then they was sent to Tampere to the air-factory for repair, got Finnish Air Force numbers from "PE-211" to "PE-216". All planes was used by PleLv 48 (Ilmavoimafs Pommituslenolaivue 48, bomber squadron), the squadron was based in Ontolla(Anntola ?) AF. Was used for air-recon ,but sometimes for bomber-missions too.
One more Pe-2 was bought by Finns from Germany in the start of 1944, on 17 Jan 1944 was delivered to Finland from Olomouc, got number "PE-217".
Finland remained the only nation, besides USSR, who used Pe-2 aircraft in the WW2 battles.
Until the end of the war, one Pe-2 ("PE-211") lived in the Finnish Air Force, as a part of Ilmavoimat the aircraft flew for 264 hours, the last flight on this plane was performed on April 4, 1946.

< Message edited by Dreamslayer -- 10/12/2019 8:04:23 PM >

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Finland has the newest Soviet tanks and aircrafts on T1. The industrial espionage? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI