Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CS, Computer Control, Routine Convoy...?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> CS, Computer Control, Routine Convoy...? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CS, Computer Control, Routine Convoy...? - 7/5/2003 11:27:42 PM   
daddog

CS, Computer Control, Routine Convoy, Human Control. When do you use them? What is the difference between CS, Computer Control and Routine Convoy? What does CS mean anyway?

As always... thanks in advance!
Post #: 1
- 7/6/2003 12:01:18 AM   
Mr.Frag

CS: translates to Continuous Supply. TF will run back and forth non-stop, automatically loading supplies and delivering until told otherwise. (very useful automation tool)

Routine Convoy is a variation of CS, with no destination base set. The computer automatically determines which base to send it to based on supply levels at the bases. (personally never found any use at all for this). This only works from one of your hub bases.

Computer control just means that you have yet to assign either of the above options yet. Human control is exactly that, you are doing the grunt work.

Barges have a subset of these orders, based on the BARGE hub setting (instead of major hub - Truk/Noumea/Brisbase)

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 2
- 7/6/2003 9:22:56 PM   
DJAndrews

I use single ship CS convoys to supply ports that are vulnerable to LBA attack (eg Cookstown, Cairns). Single ships are often ignored by bombers. The main problem is that they are a favourite snack of subs. I therefore usually run a small anti-sub TF of DDs back abd forth along the convoy route. Adding the DDs to the convoy invites air attack.

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> CS, Computer Control, Routine Convoy...? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI