Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Quick Battle Generator?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Quick Battle Generator? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Quick Battle Generator? - 11/15/2019 8:58:46 PM   
Werewolf13

QBG - cool feature. I was looking forward to it.

Off work today - loaded it up. Chose 688(I) v Akula option.

Loaded it up.

Plotted course.

Moved out.

Checked Weapons and what to my surprise did I see but all the torpedo tubes loaded with Tomahawks. Checked weapon load outs. Pretty much what I expected - except - no torpedoes.

Hmmm... I pondered the situation - I suppose I could ram that Russian Shark and gave the order to do so. Crew wasn't gonna have any of that and mutinied. Opened up the reactor compartment and tossed me right in. Not a fun way to go.

Aside 1: figured I'd go into scenario editor and just edit the load out. No go on that either - not available anymore. After a moments worth of annoyance I decided that is a good thing. No more cheating in game with that option.

Aside 2: The options for generating a quick battle are inadequate. Where's the Sub v Surf TF? Can anyone say ASW Air v Coastal Sub? SAG v SAG? Lots of options here (just to name a few) not available. Maybe in a future update???

Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
Post #: 1
RE: Quick Battle Generator? - 11/15/2019 10:07:43 PM   
$trummer

Well this is unfortunate.

(in reply to Werewolf13)
Post #: 2
RE: Quick Battle Generator? - 11/16/2019 9:01:08 AM   
Dimitris

We'll take a look at these as we can, but I wanted to reply specifically to "Aside 2":

We designed the QBG deliberately so that players can create their own battle templates and share them, just like with scenarios. We are sorry that you find the out-of-box collection limited, but we are confident that scenario authors will soon make their own templates, and hopefully some of them will satisfy you.

Thanks!

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 11/16/2019 9:02:08 AM >

(in reply to $trummer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Quick Battle Generator? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI