Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MED FURY# - Unable to connect to firing unit with mandatory datalink

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> MED FURY# - Unable to connect to firing unit with mandatory datalink Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MED FURY# - Unable to connect to firing unit with manda... - 5/5/2020 1:39:43 AM   
arcistruzzo

Good night (italy time)
i'm tryng to play scenario Med Fury1 and i see have some problem with my AA-10 missiles with "Unable to connect to firing unit with mandatory datalink"
I have saw another thread with similar question but i really dont understand how resolve it.
i have Re-istalled game after some month first days of April so i should need to have the laster version of DB.
i'm Sorry for my English, 3:35 AM here and my brain maybe not work very well, if have ever worked well :)
Post #: 1
RE: MED FURY# - Unable to connect to firing unit with m... - 5/5/2020 12:02:19 PM   
KnightHawk75

The way to resolve it sounded like (per the other thread https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4794678&mpage=1&key=Unable%2Cconnect%2Cfiring�)
quote:

The solution is to remove all the aircraft (Su-27S) in question and replace them with a new Su-27S. Since the new aircraft and weapon are now both part of the new DB3K_483 it will load and show the correct loadouts.

So open scenario in the editor find the SU-27S's in question, note what mission they are assigned too, remove them all, then re-create them and assign them to original mission(s), save and play.

(in reply to arcistruzzo)
Post #: 2
RE: MED FURY# - Unable to connect to firing unit with m... - 5/5/2020 1:20:30 PM   
arcistruzzo

Thanks KnightHawk75 for help,
just a clarification, in this scenario there are more Aircraft with aa7 (mig-29. mig-23 etc.) i need to remove/recreate all ? in the edito is possible to chose another version of DB ( older than last ) is a possible way? ( should be easier for me than find all Aircraft in 20 airfield)

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 3
RE: MED FURY# - Unable to connect to firing unit with m... - 5/5/2020 1:54:48 PM   
stilesw

The problem lies with any aircraft carrying the AA-10 Alamo SARH missile. The weapon was changed from SARH (semi-active radar homing) to TSARH (terminal semi-active homing)to reflect real world considerations. Since the scenario was created using the older version of the missile it does not work correctly with the current database.

As KnightHawk75 correctly outlines the fix is to remove and replace any aircraft using the old AA-10 SARH version with the newer AA-10 TSARH. Other missile types like the AA-7 are not affected by the AA-10 change.

-WS

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)

Post #: 4
RE: MED FURY# - Unable to connect to firing unit with m... - 5/5/2020 3:40:07 PM   
arcistruzzo

Thanx all, before i wanted to write AA-10 not AA-7 but your response are clear. Last question and is closed for me.
a function in a EDIT command is Change DB with another version. If i change DB and use a older version you think it is possible way? not so realistic but easier to do.

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 5
RE: MED FURY# - Unable to connect to firing unit with m... - 5/5/2020 4:20:30 PM   
stilesw

You might be able to go back if the scenario is using the latest database – “DB3K_483.db3”.

In editor mode select “Editor > Database > Load other DB file…” and navigate to “C:\GamLib\CMO\DB” [this path may be different on your computer] and select the earlier DB file you want to try such as “DB3K_475.db3”.

This (again might) reset the scenario to the earlier database. If it does please realize that the AA-10s will work as they did at that time and not as they actually do in real life.

-WS

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> MED FURY# - Unable to connect to firing unit with mandatory datalink Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI