Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Community Pack does not appear

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Community Pack does not appear Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Community Pack does not appear - 12/1/2019 10:55:10 AM   
Biergarten

Score: 0
Anyone know why the community pack for SC WIE will not show up in the menu? Note I have WAW installed also and heard there were problems with the WIE Compak if WAW is installed. Any fix?
Post #: 1
RE: Community Pack does not appear - 12/1/2019 6:33:52 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Hi Biergarten,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and off hand I can say that there are no issues if the WaW Community Pack is installed and vice versa, completely separate games and installs and neither affects the other.

If this is for the Matrix install, my only suggestion would be to ensure you are running the latest version and have installed the Community Pack as it should then show.

If this is the case, let me know, and we can go from there.

Hubert

(in reply to Biergarten)
Post #: 2
RE: Community Pack does not appear - 12/2/2019 1:09:24 AM   
MPHopcroft1

I have a related issue -- I downloaded the community pack for WiE through Steam, which is where my install lives, and the pack cannot find my game install. It only says the game does not exist, and does not give me the opportunity to point to SteamApps where it lives.

I am in the process of installing one of the component mods manually, and am not entirely sure where the bulk of the files should live so that they don't interfere with the main game but are still available when I want to run the mod.

"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Community Pack does not appear - 12/2/2019 8:03:25 AM   
Biergarten

Dear Hubert: Guess I did not explain myself well enough. So here goes: I have SC WIE and WAW. I have downloaded the community pack for WIE. It installs fine and the scenarios folders, dat and cgn show up in the My Games in Documents. When I go to load a scenario in WIE they are not there. This is only the WIE community pack.
Thanks-Curtis

Post #: 4
RE: Community Pack does not appear - 12/2/2019 2:50:46 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: MPHopcroft1

I have a related issue -- I downloaded the community pack for WiE through Steam, which is where my install lives, and the pack cannot find my game install. It only says the game does not exist, and does not give me the opportunity to point to SteamApps where it lives.

I am in the process of installing one of the component mods manually, and am not entirely sure where the bulk of the files should live so that they don't interfere with the main game but are still available when I want to run the mod.

Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, you are playing the game on Steam and have then also installed the Community Pack on Steam as well?

If so then in order to play the Community Pack games, after installing the Community Pack on Steam, all you have to do is launch the game and when you go to select a campaign, the Community Pack campaigns should be listed there.

Does this not list them on your end?

(in reply to MPHopcroft1)
Post #: 5
RE: Community Pack does not appear - 12/2/2019 2:55:52 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biergarten
Dear Hubert: Guess I did not explain myself well enough. So here goes: I have SC WIE and WAW. I have downloaded the community pack for WIE. It installs fine and the scenarios folders, dat and cgn show up in the My Games in Documents. When I go to load a scenario in WIE they are not there. This is only the WIE community pack.
Thanks-Curtis

I think I understand now and to clarify with one of the concerns from your first post, there is no issue with the multiple community packs and the different games, and which game is installed and which community pack is installed, each game is its own entity and each game only deals with its own community pack and so on.

That being said what I believe the issue is for your end might be that you are installing an older community pack and not the latest one.

The latest one should install not to your USER 'My Games' folder, but rather to the same root folder as your WiE installation.

Typically it would be the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe\Community Pack

Please try and grab the download for the latest patch and community pack for the game from the Matrix Games Downloads section and it should default to that folder for you and then be readable in game as expected.

Hope this helps!
Hubert

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 12/2/2019 2:58:29 PM >

(in reply to Biergarten)
Post #: 6
RE: Community Pack does not appear - 12/2/2019 3:15:20 PM   
Hubert Cater

Just to add, after double checking against the latest Community Pack download, that there might be a problem with actually grabbing the latest Community Pack for the Matrix install, which could very well explain the issue you are having. I'll investigate and get back to you on this ASAP.

As mentioned, and just to add one more item here, since it does look like you do have the older Community Pack, moving it to that directory I've shown above will not actually help as the older Community Pack is not compatible with the latest version of WiE, you'll instead need the latest Community Pack, v1.3 which it looks like is not downloadable at the moment, at least from my end when I test.

Post #: 7
RE: Community Pack does not appear - 12/2/2019 6:43:38 PM   
springel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Just to add, after double checking against the latest Community Pack download, that there might be a problem with actually grabbing the latest Community Pack for the Matrix install

I was about to report this when I tried to download the pack from the Matrix store.

Post #: 8
RE: Community Pack does not appear - 12/2/2019 7:29:28 PM   
MPHopcroft1

quote:

Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, you are playing the game on Steam and have then also installed the Community Pack on Steam as well?

If so then in order to play the Community Pack games, after installing the Community Pack on Steam, all you have to do is launch the game and when you go to select a campaign, the Community Pack campaigns should be listed there.

Does this not list them on your end?

Not exactly. The link in the Steam Community goes to the same place as the link on Matrix. It is apparently the same file, and it seems to assume a specific location for the WiE game install (as opposed to the Apps directory where it actually lives).

Steam normally uses a Workshop system to distribute mod content, but there is no Workshop link in Steam for WiE (or WaW for that mater). All DLC and Mods go through Matrix and (presumably) third-party "fan" sites.

Now I can attempt to install individual mods where Steam's copy of the game lives (although what goes in what folder isn't entirely clear when I downloaded the A3R mod -- it gave me an error message first time I tried to load it), but there is no mod file that automates the process and the files did not download directly with the game.

"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin

Post #: 9
RE: Community Pack does not appear - 12/2/2019 8:23:43 PM   
Hubert Cater

Thanks and I think I understand the issue as there is a Forum post on Steam that has a link sending you back to Matrix? Is that correct? Or do you see another link for the Community Content somewhere else on Steam that sends you back to Matrix? I just ask as any link sending you back to Matrix for the Community Pack from Steam would be incorrect and indeed confusing.

The way to acquire the Community Pack for WiE in Steam is definitely not to download it from Matrix, but through your game library page for War in Europe on Steam.

For example, if you open up your Steam Library, and then select the Strategic Command War in Europe game from your list of games in your library, you should then see a section on the right hand side for DLC and for the Strategic Command Community Pack. Clicking on that should then guide you through the process of acquiring it for your Steam install and it should be pretty straightforward and automatically install it for use for you with nothing further for you to do. After it is done, launching the game and selecting one of the campaigns from the DLC will confirm it is working.

Before you do this though, I would uninstall the Matrix version of the Community Pack and discard any of the Community Pack campaigns you attempted to move around in the hopes of the game picking it up to read and play. I suggest this as the older Community Pack versions of the campaigns are not compatible with the latest version of WiE.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to MPHopcroft1)
Post #: 10
RE: Community Pack does not appear - 12/2/2019 8:57:13 PM   
springel

I have WaW from Matrix, but then decided to first play through with Europe alone, and GoG came up with a sale, where I bought WiE.

Today I 'purchased' ($0) the community pack in the Matrix store, was shown a download link, but that link was broken.

Should I wait for a repair on the Matrix store, or is the Matrix version not suitable for a GoG installation?

Post #: 11
RE: Community Pack does not appear - 12/2/2019 9:57:47 PM   
MPHopcroft1

I have downloaded the Steam version of the Community Pack (thanks, everyone) but I'm not sure if it installed. It might be incompatible with the version I downloaded from Steam (1.16.03). Is that even the most current version?

I do not currently see any of the campaigns in my menu with the exception of the v1.3 A3R mod I got earlier (and it is in italics).

And now I see the 1.2 versions of the scenarios. Restarting from within Steam seemed to help.

< Message edited by MPHopcroft1 -- 12/2/2019 10:02:49 PM >

(in reply to springel)
Post #: 12
RE: Community Pack does not appear - 12/3/2019 12:26:44 AM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: springel

I have WaW from Matrix, but then decided to first play through with Europe alone, and GoG came up with a sale, where I bought WiE.

Today I 'purchased' ($0) the community pack in the Matrix store, was shown a download link, but that link was broken.

Should I wait for a repair on the Matrix store, or is the Matrix version not suitable for a GoG installation?

Just looking at the GoG site for War in Europe and it looks like the Community Pack is included with it with no further downloads necessary.

Can you confirm? For example, when you are in the SELECT CAMPAIGN screen do you see the mod campaigns included such as Advanced Third Reich?

(in reply to springel)
Post #: 13
RE: Community Pack does not appear - 12/5/2019 10:53:39 PM   
springel

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: springel

Just looking at the GoG site for War in Europe and it looks like the Community Pack is included with it with no further downloads necessary.

Can you confirm? For example, when you are in the SELECT CAMPAIGN screen do you see the mod campaigns included such as Advanced Third Reich?

Sorry I reply a bit late. I somehow missed the red arrow for a new message in this subforum.

Yes, everything is fine now.

I had seen the beautiful mods in the WaW community pack, so that is why I wanted the community pack for WiE, not knowing that it didn't contain mods.

Today I retried the Matrix Store download, and it worked this time, but then I found it would only operate on a Matrix installation. Then I did some Google queries and discovered that the community pack was included in the GoG version all along and I had already seen those scenario's.

I now manually downloaded the mods from the forum links and I have them installed in all their glory.

Finally fully ready to start WWII in Europe.

My only distraction now is WWI is telling me to happen before WWII

Post #: 14
RE: Community Pack does not appear - 12/9/2019 1:53:46 PM   
Hubert Cater

Great to hear and I understand now that the Community Pack download link is also corrected and up and running now as well.

(in reply to springel)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Community Pack does not appear Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI