Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Odd doubling error with Community Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Odd doubling error with Community Scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Odd doubling error with Community Scenarios - 1/28/2020 4:36:25 AM   
Rob322

I've recently come across a weird issue with some units, they often seem to be in Community scenarios. Some of the units suddenly pick up clones. It always seems to be friendly units not under my control, co-belligerents. So I fired up Wargasm and noted that most of the blue units not directly under my control doubled, including SAM bases and airfields. In others, ships and subs appear to double as well. So far, I haven't found this in any game designed scenarios. Is this a bug or a sign that Community scenarios need updating? I'm on the latest patch.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by apache85 -- 2/6/2020 10:18:21 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Odd doubling error with Community Scenarios - 1/28/2020 5:49:08 AM   
michaelm75au

I'm guessing that this is probably a 'posture' thing. More than one side is reporting to you the same contact.
Normally letting it run a few turns 'optimizes' the number of contacts for the same side.

It is possible that when the scenario was originally saved, it had these 'phantom' contacts present.

Michael

(in reply to Rob322)
Post #: 2
RE: Odd doubling error with Community Scenarios - 1/28/2020 5:54:51 AM   
Rob322

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm75au

I'm guessing that this is probably a 'posture' thing. More than one side is reporting to you the same contact.
Normally letting it run a few turns 'optimizes' the number of contacts for the same side.

It is possible that when the scenario was originally saved, it had these 'phantom' contacts present.

That’s the funny thing, one of them I’ve played a bunch of times and the doubling just showed up a couple weeks ago, before all was normal. I wish I’d reported sooner but life got busy and figured I’d upgrade first to see if the problem went away; it didn’t.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
RE: Odd doubling error with Community Scenarios - 1/28/2020 6:56:04 AM   
Randomizer

It appears that Michaelm75au is correct and this is related to the fact that the "doubled" units are allied (A), that is the Player is Friendly to side USAF and that side is also Friendly to the Player. What you are seeing is the actual Unit and a reported contact of the same unit. If you cycle through the reports, you can actually drop the contact and restore the single unit as intended.

This could be a minor bug or WAD and a function or an old scenario updated for the new CMO or both. I suspect the latter and if I was writing Wargasm '62 from scratch, I would now do some things differently.

-C

(in reply to Rob322)
Post #: 4
RE: Odd doubling error with Community Scenarios - 1/30/2020 3:28:18 AM   
Rob322

quote:

ORIGINAL: Randomizer

It appears that Michaelm75au is correct and this is related to the fact that the "doubled" units are allied (A), that is the Player is Friendly to side USAF and that side is also Friendly to the Player. What you are seeing is the actual Unit and a reported contact of the same unit. If you cycle through the reports, you can actually drop the contact and restore the single unit as intended.

This could be a minor bug or WAD and a function or an old scenario updated for the new CMO or both. I suspect the latter and if I was writing Wargasm '62 from scratch, I would now do some things differently.

-C

Interesting. I don't think I've seen that before in such scenarios but I see it now regularly in many community scenarios where the player has an allied side. Not sure if it is a bug but felt it worth raising. I went and checked in CMANO and found the same issue but I'm still perplexed, I don't remember this happening before but I can't swear it.

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Odd doubling error with Community Scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI