Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Losqualo vs. Cyr, P!ss!ng off the Guards (scenario by Jess)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Losqualo vs. Cyr, P!ss!ng off the Guards (scenario by Jess) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Losqualo vs. Cyr, P!ss!ng off the Guards (scenario by J... - 6/24/2003 9:43:11 PM   
LordCucumber

Losqualo and I are going to batter eachother in the M4 JEss Scenario 'P!ss!ng off the Guards'. I will play the Russian Guard troops defending, and Los will play the SS Panzerkampfgruppen attacking the town.

May the best dictator's troops win haha :D

Post #: 1
OH MY GOD - 6/24/2003 10:30:27 PM   
Losqualo

At first I have to say: This thing is crazy ;), at least for me. Having only played long campaigns over and over with nearly the same core force everytime, I totally lost track of where, who and why I am. This thing is so huge I'm almost lost, but I'll try my best. But in my next life, I swear, my first PBEM scenario will be a little one.

That said, I want to thank M4 Jess for a hopefully great new experience. And you wanted a DAR, and you'll get one.

GenMaj Losqualo was terrified. Being used to have organized elite troops under his command, he looked over the poor remains of the once proud Wehrmacht. No Tigers to be seen, no heavy artillery, only a few pieces of small calibers. They even fired an artillery barrage without orders! But since he had agreed to Col. Housleys proposal, he would try his best. Slowly he turned away from the terrifying scene and began to write in his war diary.

My poor troops. After the first steps they bumped into a hidden bunker. A frozen Infantry platoon even misunderstood the shooting as an invitation for a cup of tee and entered happyly the enemy bunker. Judging from the smoke, they changed their mind but I'm afraid it was too late.
Some other bunkers fired at my troops, those heroic soviets even managed somehow to destroy an Opel Blitz!
At least we managed to destroy one of their bunkers without any losses. But I'm afraid the soviets might have some more nasty surprises for us...

Cyr, I can't attach the file :( , I 'll send it to your e-mail adress

(in reply to LordCucumber)
Post #: 2
- 6/24/2003 10:58:28 PM   
LordCucumber

Awaiting you turn in my mail then Herr General Major.. :cool:

Post #: 3
- 6/24/2003 11:02:57 PM   
Losqualo

you should have it by now. Had some little e-mail problems.:(

Post #: 4
- 6/24/2003 11:27:55 PM   
LordCucumber

I got it.. however.. I am getting a security override error??? And if I continue, I get your turn? I tried to delete the old email3 files but does anyone know what is going on (I had similar problems earlier on, and I fixed it somehow, but I don't know what's going wrong now?).

Edit: Please be very careful you dont overwrite old zipfiles, Los, they tend to get corrupted. Also, did you end your turn proper?

:confused:

Post #: 5
strange - 6/24/2003 11:34:35 PM   
Losqualo

If I want to open that file, I also get the security override error. I think it has to do with oob's. I made a fresh install of SPWAW to use for PBEM and installed the 7.1x oob's (the one's dated 07.04.2002).
After the override I'm aked for the soviet PW. I'll zip them again and send them again.

Post #: 6
- 6/24/2003 11:36:55 PM   
LordCucumber

Umm it sounds like the mistake was made when I entered my password. We should restart alltogether I think. Because before that I did not get the error.

Edit: I retried it with the new file, the problem remains.

And we are using the same SPWAW version I believe!

Post #: 7
- 6/25/2003 2:03:46 AM   
M4Jess

The the error note say..OOB corrupt go ahead and play..that error message has been around awhile...no big deal...

Let the fight begin!

Im making war, not trouble~

Post #: 8
- 6/25/2003 2:04:56 AM   
Losqualo

Just got Cyr's 1st turn...

Seems like it works now :)

Post #: 9
- 6/25/2003 2:10:58 AM   
Jim1954

Cyr and Los, sounds like you guys are using 2 slightly different oob's. Not enough to cause a playing problem, but enough to get that error. Whomever started the game and sent the 1st turn would be the oob that would not get that error message. Player 2 would.

Jim1954
KMC/T

Post #: 10
- 6/25/2003 2:17:05 AM   
Losqualo

It seems like Cyr get's that corruption warning. I made a seciónd install of SPWAW for playing PBEM and installed the 7.1x OOB's, dated 04-07-2002. Anyways, I think we have it under control now.

Post #: 11
- 6/25/2003 2:18:30 AM   
LordCucumber

This is annoying. The error persists but I can still play the turn.

This entire error thing has taken away my concentration ingame. I can't remember a single detail nor good ways to describe what I did.

[SIZE=1]Sh!t[/SIZE]

Ummmmm could we please get to the bottom of this and start over?

[SIZE=1]Sorry[/SIZE] :rolleyes: :confused: :(

Post #: 12
- 6/25/2003 2:21:04 AM   
Losqualo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cyricist
[B][SIZE=1]Sorry[/SIZE] :rolleyes: :confused: :( [/B][/QUOTE]

No Problem. Shall we start all over again?

Post #: 13
- 6/25/2003 2:26:16 AM   
LordCucumber

Right.. Three times a charm? :D Restart then..

Post #: 14
- 6/25/2003 3:47:58 AM   
LordCucumber

"Sir, komrade commander Hohlov at the western outpost reports enemy movement around his bunker, sir!"

The Russian fieldcommander looks up from his maps.. "Prepare to defend the town! I want all Guard officers alerted! Get to it!"

Runners are sent in every direction in the streets of Szekesfehervar as the word of the eminent attack spreads along the men. The town becomes a bees nest as soldiers seek out their posts and get ready for the German advance. Tanks roll down the streets, ammunition is gathered, guns are made ready..

After a short while, lieutenant Budeny of the KV85 squad coming in from the north reports he has made contact with the German troops. He has opened fire on them, but without any result.

The Russian fieldcommander looks sternly at his orderlies and officers "This is it. They are coming.."

Post #: 15
Turn 2 - 6/25/2003 9:51:53 PM   
Losqualo

The war diary of GenMaj Losqualo continues:

My dear diary, I want to go home to mom and have a cup of chocolate.
Just when I thought my troops would be better than I thought, my staff seargent came in and poured hot tea all over me. Because of that accident I couldn't see if my mortar fire has hit their tagets or if they fired at all. (Q: is it normal that I can't see any arty firing?)
And as if my uniform wasn't already wet enough, suddenly some KV-1's came around and fired at some harmless recon troops that were just minding their own business and trying to warm up a bit.
Surely one of my StuGs had it's main gun frozen and couldn't fire.

At least we were able to destroy two log rifle pits. On the other hand we spotted some rather frightening things and I don't know how we should ever be able to enter that city.

If only mom was here.

Post #: 16
- 6/25/2003 11:14:52 PM   
M4Jess

Make sure both players has Fast Arty turned OFF

Im making war, not trouble~

Post #: 17
- 6/25/2003 11:18:14 PM   
Losqualo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by M4 Jess
[B]Make sure both players has Fast Arty turned OFF [/B][/QUOTE]

OOOOOPS :eek:

I turned it on in my last game. Didn't have the patience to watch 20 soviet 50mm mortars each firing 12 shells...

Thanks, M4 Jess! :)

Post #: 18
- 6/26/2003 4:45:39 AM   
LordCucumber

Several bunkers fall to the German onslaught this turn..

"Sir.. komrade Hohlov is no longer responding sir!" the Russian radio operative informs his commander. "Hmm.. they've broken through parts of our outer perimeter.. Dispatch some troops to deal with it!" The southwestern sector may be in trouble soon..

Meanwhile, south of town, near hill 136 a bunker is blown up by German attackers. But as soon as the Germans emerge from the smoking remains they note the Russian Armor on the horizon.. and a Panzer IV is blown skyhigh by a well aimed shot from a heavy self propelled gun! More fire is laid upon the Germans as other armor arrives in the form of a platoon of T34/85's!

In the nearby quiet Star-sahalom woods Lt Bunin reports from his bunker that he has sighted several German infantry units and that he has engaged in a firefight. The Germans suffer a few casualties and are pinned down for the time being.

In the northwest, Lt Budeny falls back with his KV1s to wait for infantry support. Artillery fire covers his retreat, though none of them actually hit something by the looks of things.

Post #: 19
Turn 3 - 6/26/2003 3:26:14 PM   
Losqualo

My dear diary,

I have great news! I found a dry uniform!

Since Col. Housley brought me some binoculars I am now able to watch my artillery firing. He really is a nice guy. The next time I meet Col. Housley I'll invite him to a beer or two. And give him the binoculars back. Watching our artillery firing is worse than not to see it. I'll have to teach them how to aim as soon as possible.

In an heroic effort our troops managed in the NE sector to frighten the bolshewik KV-1's so they retreated. But the log rifle pit over there is still intact.

I had to give orders to my drivers not to drink any vodka anymore. In front of my tent there are heaps of angry hungarians wich lost apparenty some of their furniture due to halftracks driving through their houses. I told them those were Shermans trying to hide but they didn't believe me.

In the south we managed to destroy a T-34, but in return I lost a second Pz IV H. Loosing tanks at that rate we soon have to walk to Moskow. I wrote a letter to Stalin to protest against that unfair way of fighting. I'm looking forward to his reply.
But it was fun to see a russian SPG firing his whole gun barrel in our direction instead of only the shell.

A few minutes ago I heard the beloved sound of a Maybach engine! A Tiger! But soon I recognized the sound of the Maybach HL 120 TRM engine. The Tiger was a Pz III L, a type that was last built 1 1/2 years ago. I didn't even knew there were som left. Apperantly the OKW has decided to clean their showrooms and send the vehicles in my direction.
The Pz III L had nothing better to do than to drive at full speed towards a waiting T-34. The shot of the T-34's main gun missed, but the MG salvo hit the Pz III's smoke dischargers and fired them. The very reason why we don't have smoke dischargers on our Tigers anymore.

Some of my troops don't understand my orders. I order them to assault an enemy log rifle pit, but thy decide to set up a camp. Judging from the smoke they are preparing some food. As soon as I finished writing I'll go over and see if there's some food left.

It seems the russians are freezing also. Since they used the handles of their axes as firewood, they now have to chop wood with heavy mortars. Since the chopped wood is now in our sector, I've sent an Infantry platoon over to collect wood.

As I watched my retreating troops, the only thing in our army that still works, the Luftwaffe, arrived. A Stuka managed to damage a KV-85 and to convince the crew to leave the vehicle.

Post #: 20
- 6/26/2003 8:51:02 PM   
LordCucumber

For the T34 destroyed in the south, three Panzer IVs are taken out of action. My self propelled guns are having a field day. The T34s sent to support the action get some shots right too for a change.

Air support throws the German advance in the Northwest into chaos as Sturmoviks and other planes reign down upon the armored column. Infantry is reported racing off the roads! Lt Budeny reports one of his crews hasn't bailed, but are just repainting the tank's camouflage. Really. Those German shells make nasty scratches.

In the southwest, armor is spotted heading into the city. German infantry get their first taste of Red Guardsmen when two whole infantry platoons get eaten up by Russian fire. This part of the city will NOT fall into German hands, swears the tankcommander of the KV1 platoon there.

The bunker in the south is still in Russian hands as a T34 comes to lend a hand. Another Infantrysquad is mauled into none-existance. Go ahead.. make my day, growles Bunin, who finds his logpit to be extremely comfortable with the T34 sitting next to it :D.

The field commander is still trying to figure out a good way to defend the city. His troops are holding at two known incursion points, but a third remains unclear. Apart from that, the Russians may not know the whole picture. The order to hold firm is given to all guardsmen for the time being..

Post #: 21
Turn 4 - 6/26/2003 11:38:43 PM   
Losqualo

My dear diary,

we have a radio to intercept the battle reports going from the russian commander to Moscow. The poor enemy must be very afraid of comrade Stalin. Pure propaganda!
In his report he even forgot to mention that he lost one of his KV-85's to an SdKfz 250/8! I decided not to interfere, I'm afraid he might get shot for faking his reports.

One of our SdKfz 250's managed to kill an enemy sniper but was lost due to an Infantry assault. A SdKfz 251 was sent to look for the enemy Infantry platoon. Alas the brakes didn't work, so he drove right into the building where the enemy wanted to hide. I guess they'll have a wild party over there.

The russian tank drivers must be drunk too, since they drive through houses too. That helped me to convince the locals that it were in fact the russians driving throgh their houses. They wandered off in search for the enemy commander.
I can't understand that russian mentality. They drive their tanks through houses, but at the first opportunity they climb out of their tanks to inspect their camouflage scheme. One of their crews had to be convinced by force that it would be better to leave the area.

The Infantry platoon which i sent out to collect some wood has returned. Apparently they didn't find enough wood, so they had to satisfy their needs on a nearby log rifle bunker. They had a brief discussion with the russian guards, but after some strong arguments the russians decided to leave.

In the NE sector a Brummbaer introduced himself to a KV-85 in a not very gentleman-like manner. But since there is nobody left to protest, I won't write a report.

In the south russian Katyushas tried to knock out one of their T-34's but failed. I'll have to take care of that myself and help the russians to destroy that tank.

Two FW 190's from the Luftwaffe showed up for a short visit and left 1 T-34 burning and another one badly damaged.

Post #: 22
- 6/27/2003 12:18:56 AM   
LordCucumber

A large armored column is reported west of the city. The line is holding, but barely. A hasty retreat is prepared.

In the northwest, Soviet tanks engage the enemy once again. Even though their shooting isn't too bad, most of the Germans there seem unimpressed. Lt Budeny's radio must be malfunctioning as he is no longer responding to headquarter's calls..

In the southeast German forces are spotted and attacked. The commander there hopes he can repel any attack to make time for reinforcements to get there.

Reinforcements arrive from Budapest. Thank the Great Komrade Stalin for that! The workers may yet repel this barbaric effort to gain hold of the city! Szekesfehervar belongs to the people!

Bombers, both German and Soviet, take out infantry and a few vehicles on both sides. Even though Soviet Bombers outnumber the Germans at this time, their effectiveness is about the same.

"A large armored column you say? Hmm.. We'd better call in more airpower while they are still in the open... Order those troops to hold and if neccesary pull back!"

Post #: 23
- 6/27/2003 1:41:43 AM   
Losqualo

My dear diary,

the situation is getting hopeless. Nearly 80 percent of my troops won't follow my orders. At first it seemed as they would run around to warm up, but since most of them are running straight away from the front, I fear the worst. The remaining troops are so shaken that they only sit there and do nothing, even with enemies nearby.
Col. Housley was kind enough to send some reinforcements, but soon they will run like the others. We managed to destroy two tanks and a fortified house, but the costs are too high.
Maybe I should ask OKW to give permission to tetreat before all my troops get slaughtered.

Post #: 24
- 6/27/2003 10:20:25 PM   
LordCucumber

"Adjust fire.. *zoinks* *peeps* ..hit hard.. *zweeeeeeeow*.. Adjust fire.." The Russian radio operator tries very hard to discern what his collegues in the field are trying to say. Some of the mortars seem to have landed on our own troops. That isn't good!
"All fronts are holding, sir! The Germans are seen retreating in the south, though it is hard to say if they are routed!" The field commander nods. Word just came in from the Big Boss: Hold the line at all cost. Very well, we shall do so, he grimly decides. More armor is dumped into the fray as well as infantry.

In the northwest the smoke is too thick to see anything as the remains of Budeny's KV1s and the remaining T34 get ready for another wave of Germans.

In the southeast, Russian troops can barely hold the line against a couple of very nasty German infantry squads. Help is on the way however. All they need to do is follow orders and remain in position.

In the south and southwest bitter streetfighting ensues. Another Sturmovik passes overhead and takes out a Panther in the southwest corner.

The troops deeper in the city remain vigilant. Who knows where the enemy may be hiding?

Post #: 25
- 6/28/2003 2:47:13 AM   
Losqualo

".. *zoinks* *peeps* .... *zweeeeeeeow*...???? Are you sure?" GenMaj Losqualo asked for the second time. "Yes, Herr Generalmajor" Gefr Lindquist, the radio operator, replied.
"And what would that mean according to that russian codebook we found?"
"M4 Jess is looking great!"
"Pardon?"
"M4 Jess is looking great!"
"Does that make any sense to you?" GenMAj Losqualo asked, "Maybe the russians have changed their codes again?"
"We have the newest code and it makes sense to me" Gefr Lindquist stated, "And I would like to take a bubblebath with M4 Jess"
"Whaaaaat?"
"And I would like to take a bubblebath with M4 Jess"
"Errr, yes, go ahead..."
Since this conversation would aparently lead to nothing, GenMaj Losqualo left Gefr Lindquist to his dreams and went back to his tent. First he wrote a note, asking Col Housley to replace the radio operator and then he took out his war diary and began to write:

My dear diary,

A lot is going on. My troops are still running around to warm up. To get them some more firewood we had to tear apart some more of those log rifle pits. The russians inside weren't that happy, but it seems they have more firewood than we have so I think that justifies our rather brutal methods of collecting wood.

The Russians must be really desperate by now. They even throw burning Vodka bottles at our tanks! Judging from the smoking remains of a Pz IV it works pretty well. It's good that our beer doesn't burn, so my soldiers won't throw any burning bottles. They also fire MG's at our recce vehicles, first to my amusement and later to my astonishment as I saw them having success.

We exchanged a Pz IV against a KV-85 with the Russians, and I think I made a better deal. Because we run low on tanks our Infantry had to take the initiative and destroyed two T-34's. There are reports of a third T-34 being destroyed but I can't find the report at the moment so I'm not quite sure.

We lost a Pz III that tried to engage a T-34, but didn't have much of a chance. I hope that OKW doesn't demand their showtanks back.

The Russians killed one of our special forces squad with their Katyushas but didn't notice it. At least they are still firing their mortars in that direction.

Post #: 26
- 6/28/2003 5:09:09 PM   
LordCucumber

In the southwest, Russian troops reorganize themselves as they fall back from the German onslaught.

In the south, losses are compensated with severe attacks on German infantry. The enemy units frantically take cover as Russian units of all kinds seriously mess up their day.

In the southeast, Russian units fall back as a forward observation post is swamped with German units. The men now have something to fall back on, however.

More T34s come in from Budapest. The Big Boss is recognizing the need for reinforcements. A few more MEN would be nice though.

In the Northwest, as Russian armor repositions itself, the sound in the distance reveals another Russian airraid by Aircobras, Sturmoviks and Yaks. German lines get hit hard as bombardement after bombardement hits them..

This is not going awfully bad for me.. Though my defenses are very brittle still.. Nothing very solid..

Post #: 27
- 6/30/2003 4:34:18 PM   
Losqualo

Dear diary,

It seems there must be a second german commander interfering with my orders. A lot of my Infantry platoons and even some tanks decided to change their positions without my permission. Some of them even leave their cover and march over open space, so the russians can have some targeting practice.

The morale isn't very good, and watching a Stuka being shot down doesn't help much. On the other hand the russians must have moblilized their whole air force against me. Their bombs and rockets have a devastating effects on my troops.

We finally managed to destroy a fortified building, but the next one is just around the corner. I'm afraid we will run out of tanks very soon, since our tanks have not much of a chance against the russians. In the last few minutes we lost a SdKfz 251/10, a Panther G and a Pz IV H without even damaging a russian tank. Some guard Infanty platoons were taken care of, but we still loose troops faster than the russians.

We finally got some help from the Artillery, but they didn't impress the russians for long. Our Artillery just needs too much time to aquire their targets.

I still hope for a wonder, but it should come fast - very fast.

Post #: 28
- 6/30/2003 9:02:22 PM   
LordCucumber

"Komrade commander.. several units report German incursions spotted and repelled! It seems our airforce is also helping to disturb the German advance!" The commander nods at this good news. "Prepare for some heavy shelling.. the Kraut will try to break us by using it's artillery!"

In the south near the lake a Brumbear is taken out of commission and several enemy units fall back after taking losses..

In the northwest the remnants of the German advance are discovered and engaged. The Germans suffer casualties and fall back. Only a flamethrowing halftrack can stop a T34 on a killing spree there.

In the southeast things are quiet, though the Russians expect a German probe soon.

Reinforcements arrive on the battlefield. It seems the city has received some infantry to support the tanks.. That's good..

Meanwhile the Soviet airforce is still overhead, trying to pick off German armour, but this time they only scare them a little.. too bad..

I am truly making a stand here.. The need to fall back is still very minor thus far. :)

Post #: 29
- 6/30/2003 10:47:23 PM   
Losqualo

"Herr Generalmajor, schnell!". GenMaj Losqualo looked up from the maps. "What is it?", he asked. "We destroyed an enemy tank!". Soon the champagne was flowing and the whole HQ had a wild party.
After the only Bottle was empty, GenMaj Losqualo returned to his diary:

My dear diary,

maybe our situation isn't as hopeless than we thought. Reinforcements are still coming in, and are actually getting to our frontline. Not that it would be a long way for them, though.

We finally managed to destroy some tanks, including two T-34's and a SU-152. One KV-1 was heavily damaged, but not not enough for the crew to crawl out and inspect the damage. Due to the lack of firewood we had to tear apart another log rifle pit.

While we are still far away from even our first objectives, at least there was some movement, and this time towards the frontline.

Stalin still hasn't answered my proposal to put up a fair fight. Maybe I keep him too busy to answer.

I'm a bit worried about some parts of my frontline, because they are pretty exposed now. I hope the russians will not respond too quickly, so I can strenghten those positions soon.

Alas we had some losses, two Pz III L's. Surely they were lost two minutes after OKW radioed in, demanding all Pz III's back since they haved finished cleaning their showroom.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Losqualo vs. Cyr, P!ss!ng off the Guards (scenario by Jess) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI