Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Just Bought Antietam But There Is A Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Just Bought Antietam But There Is A Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just Bought Antietam But There Is A Problem - 1/9/2019 5:32:34 PM   
canuckgamer

I just bought the Antietam DLC and started up a couple of scenarios to make sure it worked. My version of SOW Gettysburg is 1.61 and I am running Windows 7.

Three of the six scenarios I looked at, specifically The Cornfield, Clear Grit and Old Jackson's Let Wing have pitch black pano as if the scenario took place at night. I took a screenshot but it is 981 KB so too large to upload. Anyone else experiencing this and how do I fix it? I haven't checked out other scenarios yet. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Just Bought Antietam But There Is A Problem - 1/9/2019 5:57:17 PM   
zakblood

my guide is for windows 10, but it also mentions what's needed regarding compatibility settings and what else is needed for the game, it may help?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4099339

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 2
RE: Just Bought Antietam But There Is A Problem - 1/9/2019 7:22:38 PM   
canuckgamer

Thanks for the quick reply Zakblood. I started the Cornfield scenario and let it run and the scenario actually starts before sunrise so my mistake as I assume it is the same situation for the other scenarios I mentioned.

I did however notice something else and that is the graphic quality of the terrain in Antietam is not very good compared to Gettysburg. It actually looks like a Google Earth map close up, lots of rectangular pixels. If you have Antietam I am wondering how it looks on your PC compared to Gettysburg. Is there an graphics options for Antietam that I am not aware of?

I have taken a couple of screenshots which illustrate the difference between the two games. Is there another place that I could send these for you to view as they are both over 1 MB. If not, how can Ireduce them to 200 KB?

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Just Bought Antietam But There Is A Problem - 1/9/2019 7:29:12 PM   
zakblood

you'd need to host them, either google or one drive etc, or any of the free picture post sites

Post #: 4
RE: Just Bought Antietam But There Is A Problem - 1/9/2019 7:58:13 PM   
canuckgamer

I just had a look at Antietam on You Tube and the terrain and sky graphics on the poster's replay is much better than my install of Antietam. His graphics look like my Gettysburg graphics. The unit graphics on my install of Antietam look ok but the terrain is definitely inferior to my Gettysburg install. I looked at the Matrix update and patches section and I noticed that there was a 1.61 patch for Chancellorsville but not Antietam. I wonder if that is the issue? I am going to try and post at Google and if successful, will let you know.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: Just Bought Antietam But There Is A Problem - 1/9/2019 9:02:34 PM   
canuckgamer

If anyone wants to see the difference in graphics, I was able to post two screenshots at Norbsoft forums. Here is the link.

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/40-discussion/78230-sow-antietam#78230

Post #: 6
RE: Just Bought Antietam But There Is A Problem - 1/14/2019 4:22:48 AM   
canuckgamer

The problem with the graphics in the Antietam add on is because it is version 1.50 whereas Gettsyburg is version 1.61. Matrix Games did put out a 1.61 patch for Chancellorsville but not Antietam. Hopefully they update Antietam.

Post #: 7
RE: Just Bought Antietam But There Is A Problem - 3/17/2021 4:22:57 AM   
Snowbart1943

quote:

ORIGINAL: canuckgamer

The problem with the graphics in the Antietam add on is because it is version 1.50 whereas Gettsyburg is version 1.61. Matrix Games did put out a 1.61 patch for Chancellorsville but not Antietam. Hopefully they update Antietam.

I just stumbled across this....I had been considering buying Antietam after just buying and enjoying Chancellorsville. I see that there is no 1.61 patch. Is this a deal breaker, or does it all function completely fine but the graphics are a little degraded? Thank you.

Post #: 8
RE: Just Bought Antietam But There Is A Problem - 3/18/2021 7:33:43 PM   
RebBugler

Here's a fixed link to that discusssion at the NorbSoft forum:
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php/kunena/40-discussion/78230-sow-antietam#78230

From that discussion the graphics issue can be fixed with a mod that's readily available, it's about a ground texture that didn't get upgraded. To me its no biggie, easily fixed and improved by one terrain mod, and the mod's author, Jolly, is still active on the forum.

Designer - Scourge of War

(in reply to Snowbart1943)
Post #: 9
RE: Just Bought Antietam But There Is A Problem - 7/26/2021 3:16:32 PM   
saltjunkie

The links to that mod are no longer available. Do you have it to upload, or perhaps a link that works? Thanks.

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Just Bought Antietam But There Is A Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI