Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map icons display level not working as in the manual ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Map icons display level not working as in the manual ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map icons display level not working as in the manual ? - 7/3/2020 9:49:08 PM   
Nico165b165

Hello,

Here's how the map icons level is supposed to work from the manual:

quote:

- “All in Sight” The Map will display all friendly units and
enemy units visible to your units.

What I see in game is that I can see every friendly and enemy units visible from my commander only (Napoelon in Ligny, the scenario I'm using to test this)

What I'd like is a setting where all my units are visible on the map + every enemy unit that my units can see. I don't find a setting which works like this. "all in sights / in 1.000 yards / in 700 yards" works from the point of view of my commander (so a very small proportion of the field of battle when you're playing an army). "all units", I can see every friendly unit + every enemy units. So no FoW at all.

Am I missing something ? I'm using expanded toolbar VII, no other mod.

Post #: 1
RE: Map icons display level not working as in the manual ? - 7/3/2020 10:18:31 PM   
1annoyedgamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nico165b165

Hello,

quote:

What I see in game is that I can see every friendly and enemy units visible from my commander only (Napoelon in Ligny, the scenario I'm using to test this)

What I'd like is a setting where all my units are visible on the map + every enemy unit that my units can see. I don't find a setting which works like this. "all in sights / in 1.000 yards / in 700 yards" works from the point of view of my commander (so a very small proportion of the field of battle when you're playing an army). "all units", I can see every friendly unit + every enemy units. So no FoW at all.

You have couriers enabled. That's why. You can either disable the couriers and you will get the map view you want with either "all in 700 yards" or "all in 1000 yards", or leave the couriers enabled with the understanding that you are essentially playing as Napoleon with these settings and so the map will only reflect what Napoleon can see within those distances.

< Message edited by 1annoyedgamer -- 7/3/2020 10:19:30 PM >

(in reply to Nico165b165)
Post #: 2
RE: Map icons display level not working as in the manual ? - 7/3/2020 10:19:58 PM   
Nico165b165

Hmmm, one more strange glitch... "all in 1.000 yards" works as intended. I can see every friendly unit + all enemy unit in max 1.000 yards from one of my unit. But "all in 700 yards" only show me every friendly or enemy unit in a 700 yards radius from my commander

Post #: 3
RE: Map icons display level not working as in the manual ? - 7/3/2020 10:23:29 PM   
1annoyedgamer

quote:

Hmmm, one more strange glitch... "all in 1.000 yards" works as intended. I can see every friendly unit + all enemy unit in max 1.000 yards from one of my unit. But "all in 700 yards" only show me every friendly or enemy unit in a 700 yards radius from my commander

Did you disable the couriers when checking both distances?

Post #: 4
RE: Map icons display level not working as in the manual ? - 7/3/2020 10:24:23 PM   
Nico165b165

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1annoyedgamer

quote:

Hello,

quote:

You have couriers enabled. That's why. You can either disable the couriers and you will get the map view you want with either "all in 700 yards" or "all in 1000 yards", or leave the couriers enabled with the understanding that you are essentially playing as Napoleon with these settings and so the map will only reflect what Napoleon can see within those distances.

Thanks, makes more sense now !

But I found that I can have the "1.000 yards" + "courrier at brigade level" both activated and still see every friendly unit... Only happens with 1.000 yards, not 700 yards. Maybe a bug then.

(in reply to 1annoyedgamer)
Post #: 5
RE: Map icons display level not working as in the manual ? - 7/3/2020 10:26:28 PM   
1annoyedgamer

Nevermind. Mine works that way to on 700 yards. Must be the way it is. Just use all in 1000 yards.

Post #: 6
RE: Map icons display level not working as in the manual ? - 7/3/2020 10:28:04 PM   
Nico165b165

Yep, not perfect, but nearly what I was searching for. We'll see if a developer can confirm if this is working as intented. Thanks for your help !

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Map icons display level not working as in the manual ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI