Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

how to start a game online

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support >> how to start a game online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how to start a game online - 4/1/2020 6:31:03 AM   
rong75

hi
we bought the game 2 of us to play live online as we used to do with vassal.
what is the most stable solution to do so? and how to proceed?

i try to start a game / INTERNET / select scenario and optional rules / put names.. Then i arrive into a private wif netplay forum. how do we start the game?? the forum doesnt look very stable, as it freeze, and im "Unable to access Seeking Opponent database.

so im stuck
Post #: 1
RE: how to start a game online - 4/1/2020 5:36:33 PM   
paulderynck

First, assuming you have registered your software, you have to be able to login to the forum. The message you mention has been posted about many times in this and the Tech Support sub-forum. Have a look for those posts.

Paul

(in reply to rong75)
Post #: 2
RE: how to start a game online - 4/2/2020 1:16:03 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: rong75

hi
we bought the game 2 of us to play live online as we used to do with vassal.
what is the most stable solution to do so? and how to proceed?

i try to start a game / INTERNET / select scenario and optional rules / put names.. Then i arrive into a private wif netplay forum. how do we start the game?? the forum doesnt look very stable, as it freeze, and im "Unable to access Seeking Opponent database.

so im stuck

The first thing to check is easy to check. Simply have each player try to log into the NetPlay Private Forum. If both players can do that, you should be able to start a NetPlay game.

The person who starts the game (originator) needs to know both players Matrix/Slitherine forum names and type them in precisely for the player names when he creates the game. The program uses those names to search for the second player and vice-versa.

So, the originator creates a new game, while the second player simply logs into the NetPlay Private Forum. Once the originator finishes choosing who plays which sides, the program will immediately log into the NetPlay forum and check to see if the other player is present in the forum. If he is, then the program sends a message to the second player asking if he wants to play. Once he replies Yes, his computer will send a message to the originator's computer and the game should start on both machines.

===

Now, if either player is unable to get past the first step (see above), then there is probably a problem with the player's user name not being recognized by the NetPlay Server. Contact Matrix/Slitherine customer help, and they'll help you straighten out any problem with the user name (and password).

< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 4/2/2020 1:17:08 AM >

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to rong75)
Post #: 3
RE: how to start a game online - 4/3/2020 3:38:10 AM   
DMcCooey206

Steve,
I Just re-installed I think V3.00.01 Have a target new player as well to play on Netplay - I managed to enter and reg on the Netplay forum and I see him. So, next question. Do our versions matter on Netplay?
Do I need to upgrade to latest like 3.01.00 Beta?

Dan

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 4
RE: how to start a game online - 4/3/2020 5:09:06 AM   
Courtenay

quote:

ORIGINAL: DMcCooey206

Steve,
I Just re-installed I think V3.00.01 Have a target new player as well to play on Netplay - I managed to enter and reg on the Netplay forum and I see him. So, next question. Do our versions matter on Netplay?
Do I need to upgrade to latest like 3.01.00 Beta?

Dan

Both players must have the same version. Does not have to be the most recent version.

This is my understanding, anyway.

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to DMcCooey206)
Post #: 5
RE: how to start a game online - 4/3/2020 7:20:06 AM   
DMcCooey206

Thanks Courtenay!

So rong75 and I connected, we started a game and saved the first 4 Setups. Then it Crashed on the CW Setup. But we now wanted to test how to load a saved game? Do we both need to be logged on an in the Netplay forum to load a Saved game? Are there any special steps to load up a saved game? Also is there a best way to save it? we chose "Save As", like you do in PBEM. Is that the right way?

(in reply to Courtenay)
Post #: 6
RE: how to start a game online - 4/3/2020 4:59:07 PM   
Centuur

Both players load the gamesave, after which you will be directed to the netplay forum automatically to sign in. One of the players gets the message the other is there and can start the game on both computers.

Peter

(in reply to DMcCooey206)
Post #: 7
RE: how to start a game online - 4/4/2020 9:34:04 AM   
ssiviour

Both players load the same save, will start with NP- for netplay game, (no need to type NP it will automatically generate) then wahtever you name it, I find it best to label something like MA40 IMP3 DOW .... but, or, if you have an issue and have to go back you can use a NP Autosave eg NP- Declare War ... whatever the file name you have to make sure that both players are loading the same next entry number or the computers have fallen out of sync, will look like something like Next Entry #: 1015229 in the file information data

By loading the same file then the game will automatically take you to the private forum

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support >> how to start a game online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI