Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WARNING: do NOT play using CVP option

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support >> WARNING: do NOT play using CVP option Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WARNING: do NOT play using CVP option - 4/12/2020 8:19:56 PM   
tfclarinet

I have experienced a number of CVP related problems in several different games. At this point, I will no longer start a game using CVP. Here is a description of my two earlier issues, and I will close with a third that happened today and totally ruins the game.

1. Ghost CVP on carrier: it take up space but it unselectable so it cannot be rebased from carrier. CV functions as a CV3 instead of a CV4.
2. Ghost CVP in sea area: in returning to a CV after Ground Strike, the CVP stays in the sea zone and does not land, the CVP is not selectable until RTB phase at which point it must be returned to port. Fortunately there is a port in this sea zone. If there was not, game would be non-operable. The CVP reappears the next turn in the same sea zone and section. A nuisance, but not fatal.
3. FATAL FLAW: CW and Axis had naval battle in E Med. After first round, the CVP bombers were to return to base on a CV. The CVP bombers had no targets as the Axis had only planes. All of these CVP bombers had been cleared through during air2air combat. When CVP bombers tried to land, the message appeared that there were no carriers available and the CVP were destroyed. At the time, there was an empty CV3 (empty due to its CVP getting shot down during air2air combat), and 1/2 of a CV2 available. This renders CV combat ineffective.

Not sure if anyone has a fix for this. Appears to me that CVP Option should NOT be used until these kinds of issues get resolved. Play with it at your own risk.

I am attaching two files in hopes that someone may know how to salvage this situation. The first file is the phasing player selecting the sea zone. The selected sea zone will be E Med. Axis rolls 2. Allies roll 8. Axis flew more planes out, Allies did not. The second file is after the first round of combat. You will see the two "dead" Swordfish in the destroyed pool. These should have landed and another round of naval combat ensue.

I will upload the second file in the next Message.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: WARNING: do NOT play using CVP option - 4/12/2020 8:21:48 PM   
tfclarinet

Here is the second file.

Appreciate your comments and help.

Tom

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tfclarinet)
Post #: 2
RE: WARNING: do NOT play using CVP option - 4/12/2020 8:45:29 PM   
ssiviour

Here is the 1st matching file from the opposing (Axis) computer for the East Med combat, the second file will follow in the next post

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tfclarinet)
Post #: 3
RE: WARNING: do NOT play using CVP option - 4/12/2020 8:56:31 PM   
ssiviour

Here is the 2nd file from the Axis computer

the 2 CVP in question are the CW Swordfish in the destroyed pool which we both beleive should have been able to RTB to the 2 surviving CVs in the East Med

As a longshot, can someone with Beta Tester tools teleport these units out of the destroyed pool to a CV to save our game?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 4
RE: WARNING: do NOT play using CVP option - 4/13/2020 1:15:19 AM   
Majorball68

If you save and reload mid naval rounds or send the save to your opponent to allocate air than you will have all sorts of issues with ghost CVP and other bugs. Better to just let your opponent to tell you want to fly and avoid exchanging of saves at this time.

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 5
RE: WARNING: do NOT play using CVP option - 4/13/2020 2:47:33 AM   
ssiviour

Thanks Majorball but it's a NETPLAY game so no exchange of files

(in reply to Majorball68)
Post #: 6
RE: WARNING: do NOT play using CVP option - 4/13/2020 10:03:25 AM   
Centuur

I haven't had these problems with CVP's for a long time now, using netplay. Are you both using the latest version?

< Message edited by Centuur -- 4/13/2020 10:05:35 AM >

Peter

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 7
RE: WARNING: do NOT play using CVP option - 4/13/2020 1:09:47 PM   
ssiviour

Yes

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 8
RE: WARNING: do NOT play using CVP option - 4/18/2020 8:47:22 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

I have a saved game for this from one of my recent NetPlay sessions with Gerry. For that game I have the complete details of who did what when, with all the die rolls.

I'll work on this problem today or tomorrow and try to get a new Hot Patch out sometime tomorrow (Sunday 4/19/20).

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 9
RE: WARNING: do NOT play using CVP option - 4/28/2020 3:32:49 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

I have a saved game for this from one of my recent NetPlay sessions with Gerry. For that game I have the complete details of who did what when, with all the die rolls.

I'll work on this problem today or tomorrow and try to get a new Hot Patch out sometime tomorrow (Sunday 4/19/20).

I have worked on this the past week without any success. Well, rather, without being able to recreate the problem.

My detailed notes from my game with Gerry lets me step through the 30+ player decisions and die rolls but both times we went through the process (with my wife running the second computer), the program let the carrier air units return to their carriers as they should.

In my game with Gerry I can see the computer game record logs that destroyed the carrier air units because there were no carriers on which they could land. But that just didn't happen when I went through all the steps - ultra carefully.

I may take another try this week - but it is very tedious to step through and when nothing bad happens, very annoying.

Here are my annotated notes on this.

Attachment (1)

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support >> WARNING: do NOT play using CVP option Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI