Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Drop Box

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Drop Box Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Drop Box - 4/10/2020 10:50:49 PM   
Twotribes

Hey quick question.... Does drop box send emails to log in saying you may get dropped from inactivity?
Post #: 1
RE: Drop Box - 4/11/2020 5:58:32 AM   
Ormand

Can't say that I know for sure, but I haven't gotten one. How long have you been "inactive"? I have certainly gone several months. Actually, I have two accounts, one I have virtually never used, so I should check that one to see. They do send you an email every time you log in though. You should check the email carefully, and never click on a link. If you want to see where it goes, copy the link and paste it into the browser. If the link is really odd, then it is likely not valid.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 2
RE: Drop Box - 4/11/2020 6:00:51 AM   
Ormand

So, I did log into my other dropbox account, which has probably been a year or two, and it is still active. So, I am not sure that they drop you.

(in reply to Ormand)
Post #: 3
RE: Drop Box - 4/11/2020 4:05:37 PM   
Twotribes

Ya I dont think I will follow the link sounds fishy to me plus I recently got a call that was off tone too. I have ignored a couple obvious attempts to get me to click on stuff in the last couple weeks or month or so.

(in reply to Ormand)
Post #: 4
RE: Drop Box - 4/11/2020 6:35:37 PM   
Ormand

These days, one has to be careful, but with the pandemic, we have to be very alert. At work, they give us these phising tests where they send an email. Some of them can be pretty convincing. If you click instead of using the "report" button, you get taken to a site and they tell that you screwed up and to remember the training.

There are obvious things, like the links or names for the sites are just bit off. But, in general if it is even remotely "odd" to you, be very suspicious. And never, ever, ever click on anything in an email. Never, even if it is from someone you know closely. Always, check the link first, and if you think it might be legitimate always cut and paste it into a browser.

It burns me that many legitimate emails have a "click here" button. Even organizations within my workplace, who is on one hand training us not to do that, sends us emails that have a click here. Of course, those are legitimate, and all it does is break down your resilence.

You might want to log back into dropbox so that if it is from them, then you wouldn't be inactive.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Drop Box Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI