Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Some questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some questions - 6/5/2020 11:19:28 PM   
flyinj

I know I can supply replacement troops to my SHQ, but how do I get them into actual units that need them? Is it automatic?

How can I tell if a unit is missing troops, and what the total amount it should have is?

I'm amassing a lot of political points. What should I be spending the excess on every turn if I don't have any strategem cards I need to play?

Under profile I've unlocked a few feats. In these feats there are things like "Scavanger" which is something I can attach to a unit that gives me credits for each unit killed. How do I make these and attach them to units?

When setting national budget, I understand what the economic council does, but what does the Supreme council do/contribute?

How can I see the stats of the planet I am on (atmosphere, habitability, etc)

< Message edited by flyinj -- 6/5/2020 11:23:06 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Some questions - 6/6/2020 12:01:39 AM   
Culthrasa

The SHQ sends them automatically once you ordered them. The unit must be in supply to receive them ofcource.
There is an in depth window (unit admin) which lists it's subunits. However, the most easy way is to use the SHQ, click on reinforce and see what is needed :) The game will sort out the rest.
One thing though... Militia can't be reinforced this way... they reinforce themselves (VERY slowly).

If you have too much points and not enough cards, go to the Supreme council and alter the priorities between cards/points. That way the BP it receives will be allocated more to cards instead of points. Once you have other councils they will also generate cards, so keep that in mind.

Last question i can't answer so easily, it is probably somewhere, but haven't looked it up myself :)

(in reply to flyinj)
Post #: 2
RE: Some questions - 6/6/2020 12:03:04 AM   
RickyFourEyes

Planet stats are on the Help page of the Reports tab.

(in reply to Culthrasa)
Post #: 3
RE: Some questions - 6/6/2020 12:10:08 AM   
Jdane

Provided you have enough logistics to carry the troops from the SHQ to where the troops requesting reinforcements are, it is automatic.

By selecting a unit then Unit Admin in the panel on the right hand side, you can have a look at its Table of Organization and Equipment which tells you how many of each type of sub units it should have and how many are lacking.

Save those points in case you need them for decisions or for upgrading your cities later. All you can use them for besides stratagems is changing the priorities of your council directors, asking your secretary to change salaries, or the governors of your zones to change policy. If you have really too much political points on a regular basis I would advise to change your Supreme Coucil director's priorities to spend more Bureaucratic Points on getting stratagems than on getting Political Points.

These bonus sub-units have a chance to appear in each of your units, it is random and beyond your control, but over time you'll have many.

As alluded to earlier, the Supreme Council converts Bureaucratic Points into Political Points or Stratagems. It also rolls for Covert Operations and Diplomatic rolls, at least until you create dedicated Councils for those domains I assume.

The very first choices in the Reports tab (upper left row) give you those planetary statistics.

(in reply to flyinj)
Post #: 4
RE: Some questions - 6/6/2020 12:47:25 AM   
flyinj

Great, thanks for the advice.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 5
RE: Some questions - 6/6/2020 2:23:19 AM   
AttuWatcher

How do I know how much logistics points are required for my replacements to be sent to the unit?

Currently I have a road that is transporting around 400 logistics points per turn. My troops are near the end of the road in an area where supply is around 40 points. So far they are unable to receive the replacements.

(in reply to flyinj)
Post #: 6
RE: Some questions - 6/6/2020 2:36:32 AM   
Jdane

What does the terrain look like in that area?
If there's a river, forest or mountains, your troops' organic logistics will have more trouble sourcing the supplies from the road.
Food is not so much an issue, but supplies have a weight described in Weight of Cargo in the manual.
Alternatively, have a look at the settings of the relevant SHQ's Unit Admin panel. It may well be that it is set so that it is using most of the logistics capacity to supply zones with items they need for building or operating assets before it comes to actually supplying units (as described in Maximal Logistical Points Usage
Setting for SHQs).

At any rate, using the Used logistics map filter should help you figure out the issue.

(PS: I would have given you the exact reference of the manual section but for some reason Matrix's forum software assumes those are phone numbers and prevents me to do so until a week has passed.)

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/6/2020 2:38:24 AM >

(in reply to AttuWatcher)
Post #: 7
RE: Some questions - 6/6/2020 2:48:23 AM   
AttuWatcher

Ah I see the issue. They are in a forested hex and a large portion of supply already went toward upgrading units and buildings in hexes at the other end of the map. I upped the SHQ % for replacements. I'm just now learning how to use the "Unit Admin" panel for my SHQ and other units. It's a lifesaver.

Cheers!

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 8
RE: Some questions - 6/6/2020 2:56:58 AM   
Jdane

I had failed to grasp the fact it was a reinforcement problem. In that case you'd mostly want to decrease the percentage of logistics allowed for each stage before the actual replacement phase, which is all the previous three. Maybe something along the lines of 20% each until the crisis is solved, then up them back again?

If I'm not mistaken, if your logistics are heavily used and you'd still like to use strategic movement, it can be a good idea to limit each of the four sections to 20% for instance which would guarantee the 20% remaining logistics are reserved to that effect.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/6/2020 2:57:36 AM >

Post #: 9
RE: Some questions - 6/6/2020 4:40:09 AM   
flyinj

quote:

ORIGINAL: AttuWatcher

Ah I see the issue. They are in a forested hex and a large portion of supply already went toward upgrading units and buildings in hexes at the other end of the map. I upped the SHQ % for replacements. I'm just now learning how to use the "Unit Admin" panel for my SHQ and other units. It's a lifesaver.

Cheers!

What is the "Unit admin" panel?

Post #: 10
RE: Some questions - 6/6/2020 4:51:08 AM   
AttuWatcher

On the right hand side of the screen in the orders bar, First select the unit or HQ you wish to give orders to then on the right hand side select the orders bar, then in the bottom portion of the orders bar you can select "Unit Admin" for that unit.

(in reply to flyinj)
Post #: 11
RE: Some questions - 6/6/2020 7:30:00 AM   
flyinj

I'll just keep asking questions in here:

Is there a way to see what your various council's settings are without spending PP to change them?

Post #: 12
RE: Some questions - 6/6/2020 7:39:51 AM   
Jdane

Yes, in the Reports tab.
Under Overviews, the Empire Dashboard sums up the allocated budgets, and this information is also found under Organizations, each council having its page.

(in reply to flyinj)
Post #: 13
RE: Some questions - 6/6/2020 2:33:43 PM   
flyinj

What is the strategy and advantages behind making new zones, and deciding what to do with zones you capture from minor factions?

For example, why would I make an unincorporated zone? Or is a zone unincorporated until you build a SHQ on it?

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 14
RE: Some questions - 6/6/2020 2:51:08 PM   
RickyFourEyes

You can incorporate the zone via the Governor menu.

From the manual p177:

quote:

You’ll start the game with only Regular Zones, but conquest might give you
an Unincorporated Zone.
An Unincorporated Zone has a certain level of independence and it is not
fully integrated with your other Zones.
Unincorporated Zones have the following different rules:
§ You still receive Service Tax from the Zone.
§ You do not receive Private Asset Tax from Private Assets. Private
Assets thus do not provide you with any Items.
§ The Zone Stats do not impact your Regime Stats, like your Popularity
or Culture Level
§ No Sales or Income Tax will be imposed
§ Regime casualties have no impact on the Population Happiness and
Loyalty
§ No Recruitment of Colonists or Recruits is possible, but you can still
recruit Workers.
§ No Cultural Adjustment will take place.
§ Unincorporated Zones have double the Happiness growth up to 75
points compared to Regular Zones.
You can order an Unincorporated Zone to become a Regular Zone on any
moment you like. Just call your Governor to discuss Zone Orders.
In general, it is a good idea to leave a conquered zone Unincorporated for a
while. Either to get Population Happiness as quickly restored as possible or
to ensure you keep benefiting from the option to use their possibly unique
Militia forces.

(in reply to flyinj)
Post #: 15
RE: Some questions - 6/6/2020 3:50:25 PM   
AttuWatcher

I usually wait around 15 turns and then incorporate the new city/zone if there are no major issues going on with it.

(in reply to RickyFourEyes)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Some questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI