Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Support units reinforcement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Support units reinforcement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Support units reinforcement - 2/21/2021 12:28:46 PM   
BlueInMotion

I'm playing with the latest beta patch (1.12.06) a grand campaign. I try to put more attention to the support units (StuG, Pioneers, Flak etc.) this time, a game mechanic I had left aside in previous games (although I know they are important, but usually there is enough to do even without caring about every single battalion).
So the 'logistic phase event Log' tells me that the '177th StuG Battalion arrived at 41,49 (124 men, 0 guns, 6 afv)'. Hex 41,49 is the hex with the O.K.H. in it. When I look at the support unit table at the OKH, there is not a single unit listed there. After browsing the OOB I found 177th StuG battalion with the II. Corps. It seems the 177th StuG Battalion was instantly transferred to the II. Corps of the 16. Army, where it is now listed as 'attached support'. Since I want to micro manage my units this time, this is a kind of (in my opinion unnecessary) hassle (finding the unit, retransfer it to the intended unit, spending Admin points in the process etc.pp.).
So why does this game lists this unit as having appeared (or arrived) in a completely different hex than it actually did? Is there any hidden mechanic (and yes I did read the manual in english and german and didn't find an answer, but maybe I overlooked something) I should be aware of? And is there a way to immediately attach my support units after they show up to the unit I want them to be attached to?

Thanks for any help

Cheers
Post #: 1
RE: Support units reinforcement - 2/21/2021 12:42:09 PM   
fritzfarlig

Many let all the SU flow back to O.K.H.
Open commanders report Open HQ set all Support level to zero and OKH to 9
That dont cost AP when all return I think 2 turn, Then you lock all support level in all HQ
and then you move each one Manually out, you can play with locked SU level all time now
When a new SU unit arrive at OKH, you move them where is needed . the downside of this tactic is that it costs AP
when you move your SU around later

remember when you get a non-mechanized SU into a mechanized unit
eg an armored division, it costs trucks when the unit is getting mechanized
to keep up with the rest of the division

< Message edited by fritzfarlig -- 2/21/2021 12:54:29 PM >

(in reply to BlueInMotion)
Post #: 2
RE: Support units reinforcement - 2/21/2021 1:33:35 PM   
BlueInMotion

Thank you for the quick and precise answer and the hint for the distribution of SUs. I'll try that.
For some (to me) unknown reason the II. Korps got ALL the SUs (the II. Korps was damn good but completely overstuffed). Now I hope I can distribute them more efficient.

Cheers
blueinmotion

(in reply to fritzfarlig)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Support units reinforcement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI