Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

When does major regime surrender?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> When does major regime surrender? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
When does major regime surrender? - 6/14/2020 8:15:41 PM   
Emx77

Here is situation. Hochbund, major militaristic regime, declared war on me. In counter offensive I managed to take Ziemerburg, their capital. Just when I was about to take second city, named Sandsnow, other major regime struck them in a back and took that city leaving me empty handed. Now, Hochbund is in dissaray. They lost both settlements, without hope in any sort of victory, but they are not giving up.

When minor regime losts city, on the next turn whole their territory is annexed and remaining units are laying down arms. How about major regime? Why they don't give up? Are there some conditions when they realize enough is enough or I have to chase and wipe down every single remaining unit all over a map?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: When does major regime surrender? - 6/14/2020 8:23:14 PM   
Jdane

Without a supply base, they will slowly die of starvation (as a figure of speech, I don't know yet if such attrition is as much a thing as it was in Advanced Tactics).
Should you encounter some units of theirs during later turns, their very low readiness and morale will make them fodder to train your green troops with.

As for their territory, part of it might be in the fog of war and already have been gobbled up by other powers.
Unless you've got OCD, I would say you can perfectly get away with garrisoning your newly conquered territory and start taking measures to dissuade this other major to try and do funny things.

I don't know yet for sure if such an utterly defeated major regime ever disappears from the victory conditions screen, but as far as I can tell from the picture, they are done with.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/14/2020 8:26:18 PM >

(in reply to Emx77)
Post #: 2
RE: When does major regime surrender? - 6/14/2020 9:06:53 PM   
Smidlee

I've had minor faction continue to fight even after I capture their city and some were annexed. Maybe a bug?

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 3
RE: When does major regime surrender? - 6/14/2020 9:15:30 PM   
Falke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smidlee

I've had minor faction continue to fight even after I capture their city and some were annexed. Maybe a bug?

It depends on the type of minor

(in reply to Smidlee)
Post #: 4
RE: When does major regime surrender? - 6/14/2020 9:53:38 PM   
Jdane

We're talking here about a major power whose units have to source their supplies from actually functioning Assets.
To my knowledge, minor regimes only need an uninterrupted line of hexes to their capitol to be considered in supply, but Non-Aligned Forces pretty much live off the land.

You're talking about capturing their city though. If it was not a mere Free Folk settlement (in which case I'm pretty sure they could have been Non-Aligned) it would indeed be somewhat weird in my opinion.

(in reply to Falke)
Post #: 5
RE: When does major regime surrender? - 6/14/2020 10:36:39 PM   
Laiders

I think hunters might be able to do it even though they have cities. Makes sense right hunters live off the land and plot revenge. Farmers shouldn't. Pretty certain settled raiders don't but I'm not sure if raiders have to be settled. Haven't fought the others enough to have even a vague guess.

The Hochbund military will try to ineffectually fight on until destroyed. I don't think factions are officially wiped out by the game because I think they might be able to re-emerge through rebellions and such. That major is still toast and you're on mop-up duty. Depending on force disparity, you may be able to start transferring units to the next front.

You're lucky. I haven't played a huge number of turns past couple of days but I'm in a situation where a good-sized mid-game (mostly varieties of infantry with some mot, buggies and arty) major's army is still half in the fight thanks to the tenuous supply output of a single hunter village they captured after I DoW them. This major should be dead and mopped up by now but I have to take them seriously because their units are not totally supply-less so everything is slower. I'm about to be DoW on a third front and I do not have the forces to fully cover that at the moment.

< Message edited by Laiders -- 6/14/2020 10:41:35 PM >

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 6
RE: When does major regime surrender? - 6/15/2020 8:48:30 AM   
L0ckAndL0ad

Hey, Emx77, how do you produce such map images? Is it post-processed in the image editor or produced by the game? I use the images that the game generates between the turns, but they are fairly low-res and not as crisp. Yours looks great though. I suspect Photoshop thought, yes?

(in reply to Laiders)
Post #: 7
RE: When does major regime surrender? - 6/16/2020 6:57:03 PM   
Emx77

quote:

ORIGINAL: L0ckAndL0ad

Hey, Emx77, how do you produce such map images? Is it post-processed in the image editor or produced by the game? I use the images that the game generates between the turns, but they are fairly low-res and not as crisp. Yours looks great though. I suspect Photoshop thought, yes?

It is simple screenshot produced by the game and cropped in IrfanView. Just open Strategic Map, select your regime, use option "Dip. colors" at left side of Strategic map and take screenshot. My original image has resolution 2560x1440 but I had to crop it in order to reduce it to size less than 200 Kb which is maximum size allowed for upload on Matrix forum.

(in reply to L0ckAndL0ad)
Post #: 8
RE: When does major regime surrender? - 6/16/2020 7:16:57 PM   
L0ckAndL0ad

Hmmm. You must have a very high screen resolution then! I play @ 1440x900 and the Strategic Map is ~600x235 pixels when opened. But my game map is huge, with the world being 197x79 hexes. Maybe that's also the reason why it's so small. Or is there an ability to open the Strategic Map in full screen mode that I'm not aware of?

(in reply to Emx77)
Post #: 9
RE: When does major regime surrender? - 6/16/2020 8:41:49 PM   
pavig

While they still have functioning zones they continue to exist, and functioning zones require a capital city. Occupy their cities and they'll fall. Killing units doesn't do much apart from soften them up for potential peace talks.

(in reply to L0ckAndL0ad)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> When does major regime surrender? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI