Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Turn flowchart

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Turn flowchart Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Turn flowchart - 6/19/2020 11:36:35 AM   
Radagy

Hi, the more I play this game, the more I feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of things to do(In a good way, I mean).
Do you have a flowchart to rationalize and prioritize tasks?
Each time I click "End your turn" I'm pretty sure I forgot to do something really important and this feeling is growing stronger as my empire expands.
Post #: 1
RE: Turn flowchart - 6/19/2020 11:51:13 AM   
Cornuthaum

For me it goes roughly like this:

1.) Take care of all decisions. This can include using stratagems to hire/fire leaders, assign shadow spies/diplomats or the like.

2.) hit 9 (next unit) and do all my unit movement until I'm out of units, also recruit new units if I need more bodies

3.) go through my zones to check construction, assign colonists from the pool to fix worker shortages, that sort of deal

4.) go through stratagems - covert, zone, nation for the most part

5.) end turn

(in reply to Radagy)
Post #: 2
RE: Turn flowchart - 6/19/2020 12:45:26 PM   
W8taminute

I pretty much do the same thing as Cornuthaum mentions above. In addition to that I do a quick check of bottlenecks and preview points for the logistics system to make sure my army is well fed and supplied.

Then I go and check trade for any deals on buying/selling items.

Then I hit end turn with that same feeling that I forgot something.

Forgive me my old friend...but I must use all my experience, to get home.

(in reply to Cornuthaum)
Post #: 3
RE: Turn flowchart - 6/19/2020 2:19:07 PM   
Jdane

More or less the same but in a different order. Gather information first, only then act.

- If History has been eventful (I play with AI movement visible during turn resolution) I go through it in order to get my bearings on the military situation. I also look at the Strategic Map if there's a new challenger.
- I took stock of the VID messages at start turn but watch those again if I feel the need, then look through all the Decisions, then into REP. > Letterbox (there's information that only shows there). REP. > Overviews > Urgent Issues too in order to ensure everything is okay or if not, find out what doesn't.
- I check on the economy (SHQ and zone inventory stocks, the flow of resources to assess if there are shortages or surpluses, tax revenue, possibly delve into REP. > Zones to have more detail, trade opportunities). I check on the supply situation.
- Once I'm somewhat confident I'm situated, I make my Decisions. Actual Decisions (not in the default order but the one I deem best since it can at times matter which are resolved first, or you can find out you can balance their impact on your regime profile for example), what to build and where, adjust the percentage assets operate at if needed, adjust the logistics if there were big changes, produce ammo, raise units or formations if needed, play Stratagems.
- And then I move my troops and attack if needed.

That's just a general case. Occasionally, I'll find out I discovered a new regime or my spies actually did their job, then I'll go look for more information in REP. > Regimes, play a spy Stratagem if deemed necessary. I also check regularly on the major regimes economic and military data if I have any. And there's quite a number of other cases outside of this routine that can warrant other actions.

But I can only agree it's still difficult for me not to feel I might have forgotten something when it comes to clicking on « End Turn ». Sometimes I get burnt and learn a new thing to add to the flowchart.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/19/2020 2:21:20 PM >

(in reply to W8taminute)
Post #: 4
RE: Turn flowchart - 6/19/2020 3:24:12 PM   
Radagy

I also have a shortlist of things to do before advancing to the next turn.
Fact is that the shortlist is always way too short.
I should summarize your suggestions and keep a printed copy on my desk.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Turn flowchart Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI