Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances - 6/20/2020 4:28:32 AM   
Malevolence

For reference, Game Build v 1.03-beta7b; Scenario Build v1.01a - 2nd of June; Last Game Build used 103-beta7b; Scenario Version Number #16. I am running a Win 10 Pro 64bit, Intel i7-1065G7, 16GB RAM. It is a Surface Pro 7, connected to 2560x1600 display monitor via USB-C. That's Intel Iris Plus integrated graphics.

Per the image ref #1 and #2, issue started cutting all the production of Public Assets in half or more. This started in all my zones, not just a one zone.

Text reads: "Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances"

I assume that means, Suffered xx% production penalty due to zone circumstances.

However, my administrative strain is less than 5% in all zones.

Also, in one zone, per image ref #2, #3 and #4--I am also getting odd errors. Those three assets are the only public assets in zone. The zone display reads 16,800 workers and rising. Yet two assets (all the in city) lack workers?

I really like the style of report illustrated by ref #1 and ref #2. It would be advisable to state the circumstance rather than how the text reads now.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/20/2020 6:15:45 PM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
Post #: 1
RE: Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances - 6/20/2020 5:10:15 AM   
Malevolence

Moving forward in turns makes no difference.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/20/2020 2:37:49 PM >

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 2
RE: Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances - 6/20/2020 5:10:55 AM   
Malevolence

Another zone at the start of the same turn. It's odd the percentage is exactly the same for every asset. It has no effect on private assets.

Incorporated and unincorporated zones suffer penalties. The production penalty is different in each zone.

If there is a designed reason for this, I don't think it's obvious and I would say it's unreasonably difficult to determine.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/20/2020 2:37:59 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: Suffered xx% production penality to zone circumstances - 6/20/2020 10:54:06 AM   
Vic

Could you send a savefile to vic@vrdesigns.net ? Just to double check. Include a line like "In Zone X production problem."

You should check your Zone Workers subtab... I think you are suffering a "public production penalty" which can be caused by events (like notably worker strikes)

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Post #: 4
RE: Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances - 6/20/2020 2:30:13 PM   
Malevolence

Will send the savegame as requested.

There is absolutely no unrest.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/20/2020 2:39:42 PM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
RE: Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances - 6/20/2020 2:32:14 PM   
Malevolence

This post--- Puzzling dip in public assets' production

---Led me to check cults.

So apparently, since the Beta7b patch, my cults have caused all my public workers to sandbag. ... but not private workers. You have created a reality simulator. Congratulations!

quote:

-Fixed Public Prod Penalty not writing with Cult effects

In any event, I believe that penalty is grossly too high, if working as designed.

Second, this kind of issue. Anything that is not nominal, should be be reported in the Urgent report.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/20/2020 5:59:57 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances - 6/20/2020 3:52:49 PM   
Malevolence

If I go back three autosaves (thank goodness for them) prior to beta7b, the penalty is 1%---with more followers.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/20/2020 3:55:05 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances - 6/20/2020 4:27:20 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence

If I go back three autosaves (thank goodness for them) prior to beta7b, the penalty is 1%---with more followers.

The value is last turns calculations. As you went back over a beta-border, of course the old values will be loaded. But next end turn, it is back to where it is now.

This may need some toning down, but you also have a ~60% Eternity Cult followers, so a severe penalty like this is to be expected.

Post #: 8
RE: Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances - 6/20/2020 4:32:55 PM   
Malevolence

Right, except that the point is the number of cult followers has been stable for many turns, however, the penalty accelerated for some unknown reason and at an unprecedented rate.

Don't miss the forest for the trees.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/20/2020 4:35:15 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 9
RE: Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances - 6/20/2020 5:12:50 PM   
Malevolence

To add separately, if the developers had unlimited time and resources, every variable (e.g. points, bonus points, percent bonus, etc.) that impact player state would have an expected range.

If changes in state push variables beyond those expectations, a warning is posted in the log that records the 5W's.

This is much better than clamps/guards, because if there is a problem with a function (e.g. positive and negative feedback loops), the results report the anomalous values.

This another layer of protection after the pre-production unit tests.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/20/2020 5:16:13 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances - 6/20/2020 6:18:35 PM   
Malevolence

Reverting to Game Build v 1.03-beta6 removed the production penalties in other zones--likely due to the Game Build v 1.03-beta7 patch to production and cults.

Reverting made no changes to the odd Worker behavior. Per image ref #2, #3 and #4, the assets are the only public assets in zone. The zone display reads 16,800 workers and rising. Yet two assets (all the in city) lack workers?

Moving forward multiple turns does not fix the discrepancy in total workers and unavailable workers in public assets.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/20/2020 6:20:40 PM >

Post #: 11
RE: Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances - 6/21/2020 9:29:02 AM   
DTurtle

Yeah, I have 50% production penalties - effecting everything: Political Points, Bureaucratic Points, Food, Energy, Industrial Points, TRUCK POINTS. This seems a little extreme. It is not quite crippling the economy, but it is close to doing that.
Basically it seems that Eternity movement workers do not work.

Highest priority now is to suppress that movement everywhere as fast as possible...

< Message edited by DTurtle -- 6/21/2020 9:39:19 AM >

Post #: 12
RE: Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances - 6/21/2020 1:22:28 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: DTurtle

Yeah, I have 50% production penalties - effecting everything: Political Points, Bureaucratic Points, Food, Energy, Industrial Points, TRUCK POINTS. This seems a little extreme. It is not quite crippling the economy, but it is close to doing that.
Basically it seems that Eternity movement workers do not work.

Highest priority now is to suppress that movement everywhere as fast as possible...

Yeah, that penalty seems to wide. It is not that good if penalties and bonuses are that missmatched.

Plus it seems more like having that cult would make it harder to find/keep workers, rather then having a issues getting the workers you go do work.
Maybe he could add a certain "turnover" of workers (like 1-10%) to make this become an issue, even if you do not grow any worker jobs?

(in reply to DTurtle)
Post #: 13
RE: Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances - 6/21/2020 1:43:17 PM   
Vic

Next open beta will reduce this by a factor of 5.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 14
RE: Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances - 6/21/2020 2:53:39 PM   
ramnblam

I just outlawed the eternity cult at almost 70% of the population following it due to the production penalty, the results were interesting :D

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 15
RE: Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances - 6/21/2020 3:16:21 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: ramnblam

I just outlawed the eternity cult at almost 70% of the population following it due to the production penalty, the results were interesting :D

You lost 70% of your population, due to them running to the free folk?

(in reply to ramnblam)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> Suffered xx% production penalty to zone circumstances Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI