Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Current "Penalty for friction with Advisor" is unreasonably high even for very similar leaders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Current "Penalty for friction with Advisor" is unreasonably high even for very similar leaders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Current "Penalty for friction with Advisor" i... - 6/11/2020 4:12:28 PM   
ydmatrix2

For an example, two leaders (governor and advisor), from same faction (so similar profile preferences) and with as close a personality as you can get in the game.

And yet, attaching the advisor to the governor results in a [-20] governor relation penalty: "Penalty for friction with Advisor or Attached Leader", which is very high, and hurts the governors performance rather than helping.

I've tried this for multiple combinations of leaders, and the penalty always made attaching an Advisor of very questionable benefit.

The stats for this example were:
Governor: Emotional (28), Egoism (56), Heroic (32), Witty (47), Ambition (82), Corruption (0), Authority (49). Fist [-], Heart [+++], Government [-]
Advisor: Emotional (25), Egoism (58), Heroic (25), Witty (37), Ambition (81), Corruption (0), Authority (68). Militia [+], Heart [++], Enforcement [++].

Game Build Version: 1.02 - 8th June
Post #: 1
RE: Current "Penalty for friction with Advisor&quo... - 6/11/2020 4:29:19 PM   
jimwinsor

Yeah, cabinet leaders do not like an interloper constantly looking over their shoulder, I've noticed. So what I've been doing is just spending the 1pp to detach the advisor, right after I use them for the roll they need to help out on. Then if they are needed again on a later turn, 2pp to re-attach them. Do their thing, then detach (etc) ...

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to ydmatrix2)
Post #: 2
RE: Current "Penalty for friction with Advisor&quo... - 6/11/2020 4:58:15 PM   
koplinsol

Leader: "Ok Advisor, you gotta get in there and help with this one task then head back"
Advisor: "No matter what I do, he ****ing hates my guts..."
Leader: "It's ok, you'll be back right after you help his simple mind find a metal deposit"

Ect ect...

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 3
RE: Current "Penalty for friction with Advisor&quo... - 6/26/2020 5:59:29 PM   
actrade

Yes, I don't understand what good the advisor is other than to assist on one important role. It seems he ALWAYS is a -20 or more drag on the leader relation.

(in reply to koplinsol)
Post #: 4
RE: Current "Penalty for friction with Advisor&quo... - 6/26/2020 6:14:27 PM   
EuchreJack

I've generally seen around -11 penalty. Seems worthwhile on the normal, behind-the-scenes skill uses, such as admin and technician for the council leaders.

There is also the fact that an attached Advisor will skill up in those skills used by the job, whereas they won't skill up in those skills if they are not attached to anyone (generally, although there is a rare chance they'll skill up in something useful hoping for a promotion, but that is random). So, if you are grooming your Advisor as a future council leader, attaching them to a similar council's leader so they can develop is a good move. Best example is military council and economic council, but most councils use the Admin skill for something.

Also, there tends to be an overlap between the skills of the economic council and the zone governor, so if you aren't going to be promoting your first zone governor to the economic council, consider if your advisor would be a good candidate, and if so attach them on turn one to your governor. They will likely pick up some useful skills.

< Message edited by EuchreJack -- 6/26/2020 6:16:21 PM >

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 5
RE: Current "Penalty for friction with Advisor&quo... - 6/26/2020 6:26:49 PM   
zgrssd

Advisors should not have high Authority. You said a -20 Penalty?
Well, the Adivsor Authority is almost 20 points higher then the governors!

However the whole argument is pretty irrelevant, since you are still running 1.02.
1.04 is about to come out! 1.02 Discussion really do not help at all. Every single measurement you can make, could have been invalidated a month ago.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/26/2020 6:27:11 PM >

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 6
RE: Current "Penalty for friction with Advisor&quo... - 6/27/2020 12:43:40 AM   
EuchreJack

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Advisors should not have high Authority. You said a -20 Penalty?
Well, the Adivsor Authority is almost 20 points higher then the governors!

However the whole argument is pretty irrelevant, since you are still running 1.02.
1.04 is about to come out! 1.02 Discussion really do not help at all. Every single measurement you can make, could have been invalidated a month ago.

Well to be fair, the original post was June 8th, this topic is pretty old actually. It's not the original poster's fault this got dredged up.
...and you forgot to mention that Government [-] and Enforcement [++] are hardly similar profile preferences.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Current "Penalty for friction with Advisor" is unreasonably high even for very similar leaders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI