Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Fixed] Wpn Allocation gui - Can not reallocate after deallocate twice

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Fixed] Wpn Allocation gui - Can not reallocate after deallocate twice Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Fixed] Wpn Allocation gui - Can not reallocate after d... - 6/9/2020 9:56:03 PM   
KnightHawk75

So you can see this in any CMO scenario, but I've attached one anyway for sample.

Manually allocate a weapon or set of weapons to some target(s). Deallocate them,, then allocate the same back to them again, sometimes you can't, or in every case I've come across you can't the at least the second time around without the game advancing in time.

In the sample, on load up unit "Biff" has 15 targets he's allocated weapons toward.
1. highlight him and shift-f1 and select "east-gate-3001", and manually de-allocate the c-4 from "East Gate-3001".
2. (without closing screen) re-allocate a c-4 to "East Gate-3001". Should work.
3. Now de-allocate it again.
4. Attempt to re-allocate c-4 a second time. It will not let you, either by double click or via select c4 and enter 1 and allocate button. You can however allocate another previously untouched weapons to it.

The work around is exit the screen, and let the scene play for 1 second. You can then go reallocate it again. This is an example of just 1 unit of course, but you can imagine when dealing with a large strike on a airbase with a ton of munitions involved and playing around with allocations\de-allocations how this can get frustrating pretty quick.

Ignore the briefing in the sample scene, they related to different report but was helpful in highlighting this one as well.
Build 1146.2 (though it's been around at least since 1142_2 or earlier)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Steve McClaire -- 7/25/2020 3:13:36 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Wpn Allocation gui - Can not reallocate after deall... - 6/10/2020 4:32:21 AM   
stww2

I've also experienced this problem, specifically in God of War (from CoW), but I imagine it is a general problem.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 2
RE: Wpn Allocation gui - Can not reallocate after deall... - 6/10/2020 11:22:13 AM   
Eboreg

It is a general problem. I've experienced it countless times before but I didn't bring it up as I felt that it was a pretty minor issue, especially compared to all the other ones in C:MO.

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 3
RE: Wpn Allocation gui - Can not reallocate after deall... - 6/11/2020 2:26:59 AM   
KnightHawk75

Well there are dozens of minor issues I don't bring up too, but this is one I run into almost daily and I thought it was worth reporting after doing a search to see if it had been reported yet. Things can't get fixed if they're not reported\known about.

(in reply to Eboreg)
Post #: 4
RE: Wpn Allocation gui - Can not reallocate after deall... - 6/12/2020 2:38:33 AM   
Rory Noonan

Logged for investigation.

Post #: 5
RE: [Logged] Wpn Allocation gui - Can not reallocate af... - 7/25/2020 3:13:16 AM   
SteveMcClaire

Fixed for next update.

Post #: 6
RE: [Logged] Wpn Allocation gui - Can not reallocate af... - 7/25/2020 7:54:31 AM   
KnightHawk75

Thanks Steve!

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Fixed] Wpn Allocation gui - Can not reallocate after deallocate twice Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI