Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.4b11] Free troops when raising formation with SHQ troops

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.4b11] Free troops when raising formation with SHQ troops Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.4b11] Free troops when raising formation with SHQ tr... - 7/28/2020 2:11:20 AM   
Soar_Slitherine

If I include some SHQ troops when raising a formation, the remainder of the formation's TOE is provided completely free of resource cost. This is a major exploit as it makes it possible to conjure hordes of units from nothing.
Post #: 1
RE: [1.4b11] Free troops when raising formation with SH... - 7/29/2020 10:02:20 PM   
Berks

I have also run across the same bug when trying to raise infantry formations at 1/2 strength.
You can put 1/2 the troops back into SHQ, then use these troops to generate a new formation, which fills out from thin air.
I'm happy to provide a save if required.

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.4b11] Free troops when raising formation with SH... - 7/30/2020 11:31:45 AM   
Vic

If you can send a savegame to vic@vrdesigns.net with some exact things i have to do in order to repeat this that would be much appreciated.
please include info on what kind of Formation and on which Hex to raise.

thanks as bunch!

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Berks)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.4b11] Free troops when raising formation with SH... - 7/30/2020 11:53:00 AM   
Soar_Slitherine

Savegame with reproduction instructions sent.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
RE: [1.4b11] Free troops when raising formation with SH... - 7/30/2020 11:59:42 AM   
Berks

Email sent. Thanks!

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
RE: [1.4b11] Free troops when raising formation with SH... - 7/30/2020 4:21:04 PM   
Vic

Thanks both for your files.
I am posting open beta 11b that should have it fixed.

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Berks)
Post #: 6
RE: [1.4b11] Free troops when raising formation with SH... - 7/30/2020 8:05:35 PM   
Berks

Hi Vic,

I tested again with the new patch on the save game I sent you, and I'm happy to report the bug appears to be fixed - the formation raised only with the troops from the SHQ, and did not create the bonus troops from thin air.

Going to try a new game now

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 7
RE: [1.4b11] Free troops when raising formation with SH... - 8/1/2020 6:17:47 AM   
HansLemurson

I found a related bug in the 1.4 official where when I replaced obsolete models in a unit with new ones from SHQ, I didn't actually need enough units in the SHQ to cover the replacement cost.
For example, if I had a unit with 800 "Footsoldiers" that needed upgrading, and 100 "Footsoldier II"s in the SHQ, I could "replace" the FS with the FSII from SHQ, and end up with 800 "Footsoldier II"s out in the field, and 800 "Footsoldiers" back at the SHQ. 700 soldiers and their equipment appearing from thin air.

This however would NOT work if I tried to do "Mass Replacement", as it would take the population of the SHQ into account.

After upgrading to 1.4b11b, this error has been resolved. It must have been a manifestation of the same issue.

(in reply to Berks)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.4b11] Free troops when raising formation with SHQ troops Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI