Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have impact on gen 3 design?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have impact on gen 3 design? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have impa... - 8/6/2020 9:42:18 PM   
coldiceEVO

If for reasons like newly key tech makes you design a new model, but somehow gen 2 didn't rack up enough production and field testing while gen 1 is still taking many hits for FT, do these newly gained gen 1 FT have an impact on gen 3 base design?

This might also relates to fielding 2 types of light tank, one with howtier for high soft attack, and one with High velocity for anti armor. If the earlier gen's FT can't benefit the new generation, then I should split these two in separate model lines.
Post #: 1
RE: Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have ... - 8/7/2020 12:31:50 AM   
HansLemurson

Good question, I also wonder this. My guess is that you do not.

(in reply to coldiceEVO)
Post #: 2
RE: Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have ... - 8/7/2020 12:56:03 AM   
Jdane

I'm pretty sure it's already covered in the War Room, in the post zgrssd wrote about model design. There's also a DasTactic video on the topic.

To get to the point, model III does only benefit from the field testing of model II, and not from model I's. As far as I recall, you don't even have the option to improve upon model I anymore once model II is designed, only to build upon the latter. So basically, further field testing of model I is wasted as soon as you have designed model II. But model III will benefit from the increase in Base Design model II got from model I's field testing when it was designed.

Wait a minute, in the linked post, zgrssd writes
quote:

Wich means the Mark 4 may be based on the Mark 2 again.

That contradicts what I was thinking.
Admittedly it's been a while since I've played. If one can select a model older than the latest as the base, then that changes a lot.
Honestly, I've always upgraded troops as soon as models were developed because I had the resources and the Base Design improved, and thus the stats. So that maybe is why I had never really looked into building a model upon version N-1.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 8/7/2020 1:02:21 AM >

(in reply to HansLemurson)
Post #: 3
RE: Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have ... - 8/7/2020 4:07:53 PM   
demiare

You're PICKING a model to use as base when designing a new model.

Field testing of THAT model is used to increase base design of new model.

Any changes to field testing of OTHER models or AFTER designing a new model - are completely irrelevant and doing nothing.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 4
RE: Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have ... - 8/7/2020 7:57:20 PM   
HansLemurson

How do you pick earlier models? The option doesn't seems to come up.
I only see options to base designs off of the latest version of the current model.

How could base a new design off of the Warthog II?

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 5
RE: Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have ... - 8/8/2020 8:18:30 AM   
HansLemurson

I have a tank design that I made a new model of, but never built it, and kept the old tanks in service. It would be really helpful of I could design a new model based on the original Crusader, rather than the Crusader II.

Post #: 6
RE: Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have ... - 8/8/2020 4:57:58 PM   
demiare

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansLemurson
How could base a new design off of the Warthog II?

No way, you could use only your latest design. I tried to said that every point of field testing received by obsolete models (for example - Warthog I) is absolutely wasted.

So you should try to update models ASAP or delay update (or deal with lost field testing points).

Post #: 7
RE: Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have ... - 8/10/2020 8:56:27 PM   
zgrssd

nevermind

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 8/10/2020 9:00:21 PM >

(in reply to coldiceEVO)
Post #: 8
RE: Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have ... - 8/10/2020 9:04:15 PM   
HansLemurson

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd
You can have:
-Mark 1 deployed
-Mark 2, designed of Mark 1, but never fielded
-Mark 3, designed of Mark 1 again

Yes, but HOW? There doesn't seem to be an option to base a design off of Mark 1 after you've already designed a Mark 2.

Did something change between 1.4 and 1.5? I started my game in 1.4, and the screenshot I gave is from that. No possibility of redesigning from a Mark 1.

edit:
quote:

nevermind

Nevermind then.

< Message edited by HansLemurson -- 8/10/2020 9:05:52 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 9
RE: Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have ... - 8/10/2020 9:29:46 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansLemurson

quote:

You can have:
-Mark 1 deployed
-Mark 2, designed of Mark 1, but never fielded
-Mark 3, designed of Mark 1 again

Yes, but HOW? There doesn't seem to be an option to base a design off of Mark 1 after you've already designed a Mark 2.

Did something change between 1.4 and 1.5? I started my game in 1.4, and the screenshot I gave is from that. No possibility of redesigning from a Mark 1.

edit:
quote:

nevermind

Nevermind then.

I was 90% certain it was possible. But it looks like I was really wrong there.

However, in the end it hardly maters. You can not get higher then 130 base design anyway. And both ways will approach that value.

Post #: 10
RE: Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have ... - 8/10/2020 9:34:42 PM   
demiare

quote:

You can not get higher then 130 base design anyway.

WHAT? o_O
Do you need a screenshot of 157 base design? Only structural design have a hard cap 130.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 11
RE: Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have ... - 8/10/2020 9:37:33 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: demiare

quote:

You can not get higher then 130 base design anyway.

WHAT? o_O
Do you need a screenshot of 157 base design? Only structural design have a hard cap 130.

If you got a screenshot with 157, I feel that belongs into the Bug Report forum.

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 12
RE: Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have ... - 8/10/2020 9:40:08 PM   
demiare

quote:

If you got a screenshot with 157, I feel that belongs into the Bug Report forum.

I'm thinking we don't understand each other. I would post a screenshot - but there is nothing wrong here, it's how field testing worked since release.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 13
RE: Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have ... - 8/10/2020 11:30:55 PM   
Jdane

To quote the manual (section 5.12.4 FIELD TESTING):
quote:

Maximum Base Design Stat is 120 + (10 * version number of Model).

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Model design question: do gen 1 field testing have impact on gen 3 design? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI