Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Player No Machie Parts

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> New Player No Machie Parts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Player No Machie Parts - 9/3/2020 5:08:11 PM   
moncky

Hi, I just picked up this game and am missing something fundamental that I can't find in the manual on or any forum posts.

I've started a new game and am unable to build any assets as I have 0 Machines. I can see that if I go into the workshop I could build machines, and whilst I have the IP and Metals to do so, I don't have the rare metals build them in the work shop.

I don't have a source or rare metals near by (I'm at about turn 3 or 4 so don't have a huge amount of map uncovered yet) so the answer to that seems to be to build the recycling facility, but I can't do that because, no machines.

I have just discovered whilst writing this that I can nationalize the scavenging asset in my city, which costs some credits and happiness.

Even then the earliest I can get this going is turn 4 or 5? Along with the 500credit and 7 happiness cost. Is there another way to bootstrap your industry? or is this just basically your start to every game?
Post #: 1
RE: New Player No Machie Parts - 9/3/2020 5:55:46 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

You can buy machines from the market (it's near the workshop button in the right-side panel). People tend to nationalize the scavenging community on turn 1 and use the proceeds from rare metals sales to fund their regime.

(in reply to moncky)
Post #: 2
RE: New Player No Machie Parts - 9/3/2020 6:04:11 PM   
Clux

You can also explore the surroundings, if you're the first major to "conquer" an hex with a town/city you will discover a depot of credits, metal, fuel, machines (most common during the first 10 turns) or GR equipment.

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: New Player No Machie Parts - 9/4/2020 5:46:59 AM   
HansLemurson

I always buy Machines from the market instead of making them even when I do get a source of Rare Minerals. The market prices are such that selling 20 Rares will more than pay for a new Machine, and you can keep your Metal and Industrial Points!

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 4
RE: New Player No Machie Parts - 9/4/2020 8:22:20 AM   
andyinkuwait

Yeah, I always nationalise the scavenger community on T1 which will kick in on T2 closely followed by mining the metal deposit close to the city.

If I start building on T2 it may well be T5 before that kicks in but, when it does, I won't be short of cash.

(in reply to HansLemurson)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> New Player No Machie Parts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI