Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editing an Active Game Campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command Classic: WWI >> Editing an Active Game Campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editing an Active Game Campaign - 6/22/2020 9:40:38 PM   
Ramses

I'm currently facing some obstacles concerning the Breaktrough Editor and a running game

Background:
I created a custom campaign based on "Russia's War" (made Axis life easier)
and started to play - at some point in early 1916 I ended up with a major central powers
victory (NM was below 1% is my guess).
The problem with this great game is that you've got no option NOT to win and continue the game at this
stage just for fun ...

Therefore I went to the respective custom scenario and edited both victory events in \Events\victory.txt possibly responsible
for a "Central Powers Major Victory" by setting #DATE= 1918/08/01 and also manipulated the #POPUP by just adding an "x".
Then saved. And pressed the update button in script section of the editor - having a look at the Campaign scenario file
it was rebuilt.
Then I went and loaded a Savegame prior to the observed event , played on but shortly after faced again a victory (Popup text did not change) - tough luck

It would therefore be appreciated if someone could help on the the following questions :

- Are the .CGN files a "compiled version" the various scripts and the only file which counts at game runtime ?
- The above behaviour suggests that in addition a savegame also contains eg. victory conditions, so that these cannot be altered after
a game based on a campaign was started ?

Thanks

Post #: 1
RE: Editing an Active Game Campaign - 6/23/2020 10:26:33 AM   
BillRunacre

Hi

The changes you've made will only apply to a new game started afterwards with those changes, rather than to any ongoing games.

You can however turn off scripts via the Options screen with ongoing games if you are playing against the AI (this isn't allowed in Multiplayer).

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Ramses)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command Classic: WWI >> Editing an Active Game Campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI